Microsoft 365 - 12 Month Subscription Deal

bobandsherry

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
For those who use Microsoft Office subscription products.... Here's a great deal on getting 12 month subscription to Microsoft 365. $92.95 and includes a $50 Amazon gift card. I don't know about you, but Amazon gift card is almost like cash to me with all I buy on there ;) So nets out to $42.95 for 12 month FAMILY subscription - up to 6 accounts each with access to the Office products and 1TB OneDrive cloud storage for each (6 TB of cloud based storage).

BTW, you can extend a current subscription, up to 5 years. I have mine now extended through 2026 :) Also, if you have a "Personal" account, you can upgrade to "Family", the remaining days on your existing subscription will automatically add to your "Family" subscription: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...personal-3fcc1efc-2722-427f-8efa-db94b9b0a36b

Anyways, here's the link to the current deal:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08NYWXPCS

Last edited:
First link (to MS) "isn't found"/doesn't work. (For me anyway)

Second link (to Amazon) works but the deal requires signing up for automatic renewals. :nonono:

But thanks for the info...

Last edited:
First link (to MS) "isn't found"/doesn't work. (For me anyway)

Second link (to Amazon) works but the deal requires signing up for automatic renewals.

But thanks for the info...

I've fixed the link. Not sure what happened, I did a cut and paste from the site itself. Must have fat fingered something.

As for the automatic renewal, you can turn that off once subscription is set-up.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...for-home-c7c0bc32-9744-4acf-9818-815d5c96cc59

1. Go to the Services & subscriptions page.

2. If prompted, sign in with the Microsoft account email and password associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription.

3. On the Services & subscriptions page, locate your Microsoft 365 subscription and then select Manage.

4. Do one of the following:

• If you see a Turn off recurring billing link, choose it to turn recurring billing off.
  • If you see a Cancel link, choose it to cancel the subscription. You might be given the choice to get a refund for unused time. If you choose to get a refund, the subscription will go into reduced functionality mode immediately. Otherwise, you'll have access to your subscription until it expires.
  • If you see a Turn on recurring billing link, it means recurring billing is already turned off.
  • If you don't see options for Turn off recurring billing or Cancel, but instead see Paid with and None, it means your subscription will end on the date specified in Expires on.
5. Follow the prompts to turn off recurring billing. You'll have access to your subscription until it expires.

^^^^^
Much better, works now.

Last edited:
Since I only use Word and Excel, I went with the one time payment version. Here’s a link. I’ve seen it go for a better price but don’t see any deals right now. The main thing is that there’s no subscription but it is a limited suite (no Outlook . . .). Just wanted to point out, that there is a no subscription option that may work for some.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Student-One-time-purchase-Download/dp/B09H7GPR1G?th=1

What's the long-term extension cost, is it $92.95 for each year?

Since I only use Word and Excel, I went with the one time payment version. Here’s a link. I’ve seen it go for a better price but don’t see any deals right now. The main thing is that there’s no subscription but it is a limited suite (no Outlook . . .). Just wanted to point out, that there is a no subscription option that may work for some.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Student-One-time-purchase-Download/dp/B09H7GPR1G?th=1

I recently bought 2 copies of that also for new computers. Can't beat the value of a one-time payment compared to 365, which you pay for forever.

What's the long-term extension cost, is it $92.95 for each year?

There's a deal that pops up every few months to renew for usually for $50-60/yr. Alternatively, you can buy additional years now and attach to your account as you can have up to 5 years paid ahead.

2022-11-27_9-53-04.jpg
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-e53bde8b-ff38-414c-b2c3-63173a0668e0

About 6 years ago I bought a new laptop while I was in Florida at our winter condo. I "knew" that my MS Office install disk was in VT, so I installed free LibreOffice as an interim solution. When I returned to VT a couple months later I couldn't find that MS Office disk so I've been using free LibreOffice ever since.

I don't use word or excel a lot anymore since I retired... was once a power user but no more so LibreOffice meets my needs.

I recently bought 2 copies of that also for new computers. Can't beat the value of a one-time payment compared to 365, which you pay for forever.

For me, the value is in the cloud storage, the Office products are a nice extra. I share with my son and daughter as part of my family. We each can use up to 1TB of storage per account. I create a separate account for my photo's for storage. Getting 6TB of shared storage for ~$50. But not everyone needs or wants the cloud storage, but for those who do, this is dirt cheap. By comparison, Google Drive is $99.99/yr for 2TB.

We have a 5 user lifetime license we purchased a year or so ago for under $20. Works well for all our computers. I do not think they are available anymore.

365 subscriptions for 12 months are all over eBay.

Last edited:
I am using an older version of MS Office and it works fine for me. The only problem was loading on DW's laptop which does not have a CD drive.
Fortunately I bought an external drive when the one in my desktop was acting up, so I plugged it in and loaded that way.

Only reason I didn’t go that route is we want Office on my desktop, her laptop and both iPads. If I could buy outright and install on several devices I would, I don’t like subscriptions.

Thanks for the info. While working I used Excel and MS-Office extensively. Since retirement I had to purchase a new device and I'm just using Google Sheets and Docs. I've been able to import all my old Excel files into Sheets no problem.

I believe the standard price is $69.99 for 12 months.

Office Depot has 15 months for $69.99. I use Office Depot rewards to get it free. I've never seen them put it on sale.

I believe the standard price is $69.99 for 12 months.

Office Depot has 15 months for $69.99. I use Office Depot rewards to get it free. I've never seen them put it on sale.
$69.99 is regular price of Personal version, only 1 account.

I popped for MS 365 for the 1T of cloud storage. I may check with the kids and see if they would like a free T of storage plus the Office apps. If they would benefit I could upgrade to family for $30 and keep the left over accounts for DW and myself to gain access to a few more terabytes that I could use. One of my new MS users could be Astro Boy who would store all my astrophotography video files :)

Personally I really don't need/want anything except Excel, and I use it a lot. I use Word on occasions but any free word processor would meet my needs. But I'll keep using it as long as they don't start requiring a CC for automatically renewals. If they do, I may just switch to Open Office and be done with it, as long as it''s available.

And I certainly don't want the 1T of personal cloud storage. Of course YMMV

Last edited:
When I worked at Megacorp they would have a $10 Office HUP (home use program) which would get you a key. Office 2010 works just as well as 2021. For everyday stuff I just use LibreOffice anyway.

When I worked at Megacorp they would have a $10 Office HUP (home use program) which would get you a key. Office 2010 works just as well as 2021. For everyday stuff I just use LibreOffice anyway.
We got it (for home use) for free at my Megacorp... But that was 10+ years ago, so things may have changed.

Back
Top Bottom