Mint app reviews

It's notable that realization doesn't stop you from participating in this forum, or using likely other free apps, google, and most of the internet. Obviously there is a tradeoff in these activities. In the case of Mint, I judge it a plus for me.

I am certainly no expert in this. But I have read opinions from more verifiable experts saying the risks in using aggregators are very small. I am very comfortable going with them over those who proclaim themselves experts here.

Everyone assesses and makes judgments about risk differently as is so apparent in the divergence of opinions and behavior regarding risks related to the pandemic, personal finance, medical care and countless other arenas. I've learned that worrying about other people's choices, or spending a lot of time persuading them they are wrong or foolish in making them, is generally unproductive.

Totally agree and I use many free services. I guess it depends on the amount and type of personal info I've shared. This forum does not need my id and password for my investments.

To use this product you take all the usernames and passwords, to all your financial accounts, every dime you own, and give all of that login info to one single source. The risks presented by this are far too great IMO to justify the convenience that you can pretty much get already from separate sources

Agree 100%! I signed up for Mint a long time ago until I realized they wanted me to give them access to all of my financial accounts. Nope, no way, no how.

I grew up with a very simple rule, never put all your eggs in one basket.

Hacked accounts and businesses are almost a daily story on the news. I don't care how secure Mint (or any other company) is, I'm not taking that chance for the sake of convenience.

Agree 100%! I signed up for Mint a long time ago until I realized they wanted me to give them access to all of my financial accounts. Nope, no way, no how.

I grew up with a very simple rule, never put all your eggs in one basket.

Hacked accounts and businesses are almost a daily story on the news. I don't care how secure Mint (or any other company) is, I'm not taking that chance for the sake of convenience.

Exactly. I'm sure a hackers best bang for the buck is Mint

Seriously?

Not even sure what your sentence is supposed to be conveying but as someone with 35 years in the information technology and cyber security space I can 100% tell you that NOTHING is totally safe. Microsoft, Apple, Google and all the rest will tell you the same.

Why would anyone think that giving Mint all of your credentials would be safe. Does Mint have better engineers than the government of the USA, Russia, China, North Korea? Better than Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc. etc. ?

Seriously?

Seriously?

Not even sure what your sentence is supposed to be conveying but as someone with 35 years in the information technology and cyber security space I can 100% tell you that NOTHING is totally safe. Microsoft, Apple, Google and all the rest will tell you the same.

Why would anyone think that giving Mint all of your credentials would be safe. Does Mint have better engineers than the government of the USA, Russia, China, North Korea? Better than Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc. etc. ?

Seriously?

I am not a big fish. Why would someone want my info?

I am not a big fish. Why would someone want my info?

Hackers don't care about you, but they do care about the money in your accounts. How much ya got? I'm guessing that makes you a big enough fish. You may not be Jeff Bezo's, but $100K or more in a retirement account would make a pretty good prize for any hacker. If they can access your savings and checking accounts too, all the better.

Hackers don't care about you, but they do care about the money in your accounts. How much ya got? I'm guessing that makes you a big enough fish. You may not be Jeff Bezo's, but $100K or more in a retirement account would make a pretty good prize for any hacker. If they can access your savings and checking accounts too, all the better.

Has anyone lost money with Mint?

With respect to the cautious and the paranoid, Mint is about a safe as you can find. Its access to your accounts is read-only.

I’ve been using it every day since about 2009. It’s the top personal financial summary tool out there. It makes money by advertising, referral to financial products (American Express, e.g.), and through the sale of anonymized aggregate consumer data.

With respect to the cautious and the paranoid, Mint is about a safe as you can find. Its access to your accounts is read-only.

I’ve been using it every day since about 2009. It’s the top personal financial summary tool out there. It makes money by advertising, referral to financial products (American Express, e.g.), and through the sale of anonymized aggregate consumer data.

I had Yodlee then switched to Mint. I like PC and Status Money too.

Mint is Mint

I like Mint a lot. I’ve used it for several years. It has a great interface that you can modify. Change account names, hide non-active accounts. You can’t add Apple Card yet but maybe sometime.

I have used Mint since 2009 without problem. I have mostly used it to help track my spending. They have access to all my bank and credit card accounts, but not my brokerage account. I didn't really see a big benefit of Mint having my brokerage account info.

I’m happy with Mint as a tool to keep an eye on all our transactions.

I’m more likely to see a suspicious transaction because it’s easier to spot in one app.

It’s made it very easy to see where our money goes.

It was reassuring to see that in 2020 our expenses were half of our projected retirement expenses. We can live on far less than we spend.

The information I “sell” to Intuit is used to market loans and other financial products via in-app ads.

There are far fewer synchronization issues than I had with Quicken, Schwab or Vanguard aggregators.

Nothing is risk free. I use 2 factor authentication and all the aggregators I’ve used are “read only”.

Mint has a retirement forecast? Where?

Mint's Retirement Forecast isn't all that great. You tell Mint which of your accounts are retirement accounts, how much you will add to your retirement accounts each month, and what your goal is. Mint then adds up all the funds in your designated retirement accounts, adds in your stated monthly contribution to those accounts, and projects a date. If the market falls one week, your retirement date gets extended. If the market rises, your retirement date is shortened. As simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom