Missouri, New Orleans, or Wherever

Missouri is on the short list. We liked Branson which is close to Springfield. Springfield just didn't seem that great a place to us. We may stumble through Joplin at some point. We're also considering Hot Springs, Feyetteville, and Tulsa. We're going to take long weekend trips to these and other spots. Our location limitation is to be within a one day drive of Houston since two of our three kids live here.

If you didn't like Springfield, then you will definitely NOT like Joplin, which is Springfield's ugly cousin. The prettiest, nicest section of Joplin looks down from its hill onto the sewage treatment plant. Also, there used to be a fun used truck tire dump just outside of town where kids rode their dirt bikes and mosquitos liked to settle down with their families. How do I know? I lived there for a mercifully short two years.

If you didn't like Springfield, then you will definitely NOT like Joplin, which is Springfield's ugly cousin. The prettiest, nicest section of Joplin looks down from its hill onto the sewage treatment plant. Also, there used to be a fun used truck tire dump just outside of town where kids rode their dirt bikes and mosquitos liked to settle down with their families. How do I know? I lived there for a mercifully short two years.

Thanks for the input. I haven't heard anything good about Joplin.

Back
Top Bottom