MIT research: Are tinfoil hats effective?

Htown Harry

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
On the Effectiveness of Aluminium Foil Helmets:

An Empirical Study

Ali Rahimi1, Ben Recht 2, Jason Taylor 2, Noah Vawter 2
17 Feb 2005 1: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department, MIT.
2: Media Laboratory, MIT.
ali2.jpg

Abstract

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals. Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

Full report:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Check out the video link at the bottom...the Canadians, apparently hungry for news on the subject, put this guy on TV.

This is wonderful; lots of laughs. I love Ali's indentification of "a fringe component of the paranoid community". As opposed to the mainstream paranoid community I guess.

Also like the plaster bust model. Looks like Emporer Claudius channeling Alfred E. Newman.

Ha

The tinfoil helmets obviously provide protection from renegade citizens attempt at mind control. The government frequencies for radiolocation and control are open.

The evaluators neglected a gaping direction, that is the ELF/VLF frequencies used to talk to submarines. These signals are non-directional, therefore will access the brain from below the helmet.

Furthermore, any hapless creature with amalgam fillings, gold and other precious metal tooth caps is still vulnerable to control via resonances at many frequencies.

The governments position: All your brains belong to US. Resistance is futile!

Last edited:
The tinfoil helmets obviously provide protection from renegade citizens attempt at mind control. The government frequencies for radiolocation and control are open.

The evaluators neglected a gaping direction, that is the ELF/VLF frequencies used to talk to submarines...

Well, of course they did. More telling, they also omitted the spies that watch us through our computer screens...

Which reminds me to pass on a warning I recently received from my commander: be on the lookout for Katiesmith55, who is a government spy posing as a member of lonely hearts club...

Tin Foil Hat Song

Posted this some time ago on the funny video thread and couldn't help posting it again here. Good prep for Monday's stock market opening...

eclectech : the tinfoil hat song Video

aluminum=aluminium
knuppel2.gif

However, it has been demonstrated that persistent wearing of an aluminum foil helmet is an extremely effective contraceptive device, almost but not quite equivalent to the effect of never brushing one's teeth.

Back
Top Bottom