MN Roof Problems

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Pretty cool cave in. Snow is heavy on a cloth roof, evidently.

The Metrodome collapsed early Sunday morning after a blizzard dumped 17 inches of snow on Minneapolis. Because of the damage to the stadium, Monday's scheduled New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game was moved to Detroit's Ford Field
Cameras were positioned inside the stadium and caught the collapse on tape. To call the video incredible would be an understatement. It looks like the beginning of Armageddon:
Unbelievable video of Metrodome collapse from inside stadium - Shutdown Corner - NFL  - Yahoo! Sports

In the first couple of seconds it looks like something is racing left-right on the far sideline. Can't tell if it's a cart, camera trolley or a video artifact, but it looks like something was trying to get out of the way.

Bummer that there wasn't a game happening with a hail Mary pass right to the snow drop location. I got it, I got it, blam.

i have came up with a theory that would land me just short of "a guy holding political signs over interstate overpasses" on a craziness taxonomy.

when i moved away from st paul in 1998, the talk was...we need to replace the metrodome, it's outdated, the fans don't like it blah, blah, blah. Instead of the team owners paying for it, they wanted the tax payers to. Well, the twinkies have their new ballpark and ziggy wants his new football stadium. you do the math from here. the metrodome will become a relic just as the met did when those evil people from texas stole my hockey team.

In the first couple of seconds it looks like something is racing left-right on the far sideline. Can't tell if it's a cart, camera trolley or a video artifact, but it looks like something was trying to get out of the way.

ESPN (I believe) also pointed that out also earlier today. I believe that they said that it was an employee trying to escape...

Back
Top Bottom