Monetizing... you?, me?

the pavement on the street "if you get injured here, call our attorneys"
the sides of most buildings, billboards are only on a few
cars "display our mascot on your car and we'll give you a 10% insurance discount"
a huge Nike logo carved on the surface of the moon.
In place today are ads pressed into the beach sand! Of course, they are only temporary. I think the "roll the ads" everywhere ones are not doing as well as the "one big name" because people tend to walk around the huge ones.

Attachments

• img08.jpg
    img08.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 17
  • img15.jpg
    img15.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 19
Go to youtube and watch/listen to some of the old TV/radio shows. They had plenty of commercials, some embedded right in the programming. This isn't new.

And why be concerned with it? We know the ads are there to support the media. Deal with it. It's like complaining that the Ford dealer is trying to get you to buy a Ford, while the Chevy dealer is trying to get you to buy a Chevy. Or that xyz company is making a profit, and/or trying to upsell you. What do you expect?

-ERD50

I prefer to pay for a subscription then have to see/hear ads to “support the media”. Fortunately that is an option nowadays and I think it’s a vast improvement.

Last edited:
An advertising mode that gets under my skin are the videos that play at the gas pump as you are filling up. I'm there, doing the responsible thing (monitoring the highly flammable liquid as it goes into my tank) and trapped listening to whatever inane drivel they want to bombard me with. I would never vandalize a gas pump, but . . .well, I avoid those gas stations.

"Press "One" for a list of ways technology as not improved our lives . . ."

An advertising mode that gets under my skin are the videos that play at the gas pump as you are filling up. I'm there, doing the responsible thing (monitoring the highly flammable liquid as it goes into my tank) and trapped listening to whatever inane drivel they want to bombard me with. I would never vandalize a gas pump, but . . .well, I avoid those gas stations.

"Press "One" for a list of ways technology as not improved our lives . . ."
Oh, those are really irritating. Around here, I've seen them come and go, mostly go. There are very few of them left here. I suspect they found that the ad revenue bonus didn't match the gas revenue decline. I'm also suspecting they are a maintenance nightmare. I doubt you are the only one avoiding those kind of pumps.

I don't care about advertisements for products. I choose not to buy, and if someone else does, it has no effect on my life.

What I find alarming are political infomercials, of questionable veracity, designed to instill knee-jerk emotional responses that support their cause. They tell lurid tales of abuse, with no hint of where, when, or who did it. IMO most Americans do not have strong enough critical thinking skills to see through the b.s., and so this manipulation DOES effect me.

Back
Top Bottom