Most expensive Starbucks??

Likely a venti mocha. Not a fan of Starbucks “coffee”, though the lattes are okay. Cafe mochas or mocha frappacinos are more dessert than coffee.

My most expensive Starbucks coffee purchase was in Las Vegas and also at a conference in another city at a very upscale hotel. These coffee shops were advertised as being a Starbucks but were operated independently. Since I just buy the regular coffee and sometimes a latte, the cup was not that expensive but was twice what I normally pay. But the alternative of going without coffee was worse. At home I make a pot of Peet's but will buy Starbucks beans if I find a good sale.

Last edited:

Now I know what I'm doing as part of my birthday :)

I've done this "free sub" thing at Sheetz gas station. Free 6" sub and I added tons and tons and tons of toppings, extra meat, extra cheese, bacon, etc etc. The end result was basically a salad with french fries on top and a sub somewhere in there (must have weighed 4-5 lbs). Cost was $13 or so ($3 for the sub, $10 extra stuff).

As an Arizona citizen in summer, I have developed a fondness for a caramel frappuccino, no whip creme but a drizzle of caramel on top instead, $4.50 -6.00.

I went to Starbucks once, in Pittsburgh. They seemed to have difficulty in interpreting the words "small black coffee, please." After I said that, the server, in a quizzical tone, rattled off a few terms that made no sense to me. So I repeated myself. The concept that I might not want dollops of cream and Lord knows what else his litany of terms implied was apparently quite foreign to him.

Eventually I got my coffee. I can't remember how much it cost.

Buy a Cappuccino/Latte machine. It will pay for itself very quickly. It costs just 16 cents to make a cappuccino or latte and about 19 cents to make a caramel macchiato. That's using premium Lavazza single source coffee and whole milk and caramel. It's slightly cheaper using Starbucks espresso roast and even cheaper if you use Costco fine grind. I have machines at both my residences and they paid for themselves in about a month.

As for the most expensive, I would have to say any Starbucks. My wife orders this silly pumpkin spice latte that costs about $8. I normally just order coffee when I'm at a Starbucks.

Back
Top Bottom