Motorhome 2018

Nice, UtahSkier. Photos?

We're sticking close to home this spring - have already been to Jim Hogg COE park on Lake Georgetown and South Llano River State Park in Junction (great birding there). Tomorrow we'll go up to one of our favorite parks, Inks Lake State Park, and hopefully the weather will cooperate so I can get out in my inflatable kayak for the first time this year.

UtahSkier - Any recommendations for a RV Park in Moab? DW are currently hanging out in a beachside RV Park in northern CA, but will soon start making our way slowly back towards Texas. We plan to spend four or five days in Moab. What attractions did you see in Moab?

I will get some pictures up soon. Just arrived in Bryce (Ruby's) and getting ready for an afternoon of mountain biking on the Thunder Mountain trail.

In Moab, we stayed at the Spanish Trails RV Park. We liked it. It is located a few miles south of town. It was good for dogs as southern Utah is very dusty and this park had a nice gravel layer that keep the dogs clean. All of our other RV parks on this trip are very, very dusty and our dogs are a mess.

As for activities, DW and I are mountain bikers, so we biked 4 out of 4 days. Great trail system. We also went to Arches national park and hiked to Delicate arch.

I was also here just last March for a week of Jeeping! Not really my thing. You rent an expensive off road vehicle and crawl around really gnarly trails. Your reward for all your efforts is NOT filing a insurance damage claim!

Raft trips are also popular out here. Activity providers are easy to find.

We will return to Moab in October for more Mountain biking.

Myself and two 70 year old friends are taking a 25 year old 32' RV and towing a trailer carrying a motorcycle from south Texas to Cedarville, U.P., Michigan in 30 days. Coming back 10 days later with a newly built 17" Northeaster Dory boat on top of the trailer. At least that's the plan. :cool:

Myself and two 70 year old friends are taking a 25 year old 32' RV and towing a trailer carrying a motorcycle from south Texas to Cedarville, U.P., Michigan in 30 days. Coming back 10 days later with a newly built 17" Northeaster Dory boat on top of the trailer. At least that's the plan. :cool:

Hopefully you check the condition and age of all the tires. Just yesterday, replaced a 5 year old tire on our RV trailer, it'll become the spare as the old spare is 14 years old and has noticeable cracking in the tread. Leave in two weeks for several thousand mile trip.

Hopefully you check the condition and age of all the tires. Just yesterday, replaced a 5 year old tire on our RV trailer, it'll become the spare as the old spare is 14 years old and has noticeable cracking in the tread. Leave in two weeks for several thousand mile trip.

Good move.
A 14 year old RV tire isn't a spare, it's ballast.

There are 6 new Michelin's on it and a good spare. Plus, the rig has new brakes all around, two recent batteries, new belts, oil change and a pressure test of the water and waste tanks.

We will have our Medicare cards with us and our prescriptions. :D

Oh, I just installed a CB radio too!

There are 6 new Michelin's on it and a good spare. Plus, the rig has new brakes all around, two recent batteries, new belts, oil change and a pressure test of the water and waste tanks.

We will have our Medicare cards with us and our prescriptions. :D

Oh, I just installed a CB radio too!

Don't forget a membership to Good Sam or Coach Net roadside assistance...:)

Don't forget a membership to Good Sam or Coach Net roadside assistance...:)

We have Good Sam and a rabbit foot...

We also have a Uber account if we have to abandon ship. :LOL: (well, one guy will go north on the motorcycle to build the boat).

Three old men in a class C. You have the rear bed, the overcab bed, and the sofa or the dinette that can be converted to a bed. You are safe. No worry about thing like this.

Myself and two 70 year old friends

aaarrghh! You hit one of my pet peeves. People are doing that "myself and" thing on tv constantly, and it doesn't make any sense. "Me and". You would never say "myself is taking a trip". Fingernails on a chalkboard.

And no, I'm not a total grammar Nazi. That one is just so annoying.

Three old men in a class C. You have the rear bed, the overcab bed, and the sofa or the dinette that can be converted to a bed. You are safe. No worry about thing like this.

HAHA..not happening on our trip! Plus, I have a couple hundred thousand Holiday Inn points if we need to get rooms somewhere.

You will be all right. As I mentioned, there are 3 separate beds on that class C. Right?

This Ruby's campground is excellent. We are leaving Tuesday... just before the next snow storm arrives.

The mountain bike trail is fantastic! As long as you can handle the views... yuck!

Attachments

• 20180428_143833.jpg
    20180428_143833.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • 20180428_182712.jpg
    20180428_182712.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 89
Looks like the Red Canyon area. Wonderful scenery. How are the crowds and temperatures this year?

Red Canyon it is. Its the weekend and the RV campground appears full. The hotel has no vacancy for rooms or cabins. The road along red canyon had a good number of cars pulled over with people out taking pictures.

Yesterday's temps were in the 70s, which is probably above the normal highs. This morning, it is 30 degrees... which makes the 6am dog walk a bit brisk!

Thanks UtahSkier. Nice to enjoy southern Utah vicariously through your travels, since we don’t get out there as often as we’d like! Will be interested if you post more pictures.

Here are a few from the Thunder Mountain biking trail. An action photo of DW biking the trail is included!

Attachments

• 20180428_164231.jpg
    20180428_164231.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180428_165517.jpg
    20180428_165517.jpg
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20180429_134506.jpg
    20180429_134506.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 78
Our “beast” is registered for another year. That being said, unless it has a mind of its own it’s not going anywhere soon. Love the photos!

I'm going on a road trip soon out west, just packing up the car and driving. I'll figure it out as I go but I wish my camper was prepped for a trip but sadly it is not. When I return I'll decide if my camper is what I want or something different. I've never been to Utah before but I saw a documentary not long ago and was very impressed.

We are taking a 6 week trip this summer and leaving the motorhome at home. Between gas & RV sites it has gotten ridiculous. We will take our car and 3 dogs. Staying at Motel 6's since they are dog friendly and cheap. We will be driving 4k/miles.

Been on the road in the RV for the past couple of weeks. The past few days we've been in a beautiful National Park campsite for the princely sum of $15 a night, which is the most per night we've paid on this trip. And fuel is $2.75/gal, a real bargain compared to what we paid a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom