Mr. Robot

ronin

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
As there have been a couple other heads-up on TV shows, we've gotten into a new USA series called Mr. Robot. Very quirky, with lots of twists and turns, surrounding the issues of cybersecurity and hacking. I'd recommend going back to episode 1 (we used On Demand to catch up once we saw episode 5 and were snared into it) rather than trying to jump in the middle of the season.

At a programmer and security researcher, I find it quite accurate at times. They cover many of the easy and hard hacking methods. It's also a thrilling and wild story. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I have been watching from the first episode.....

Sometimes get a bit bored by the main guy... we will see where it goes... not yet a 'winner', but also not a 'loser'....

We've been watching but it's on the bottom of our list and ready to be bumped. The biggest problems with the show from our perspectives is that the show takes itself too seriously, and that the show's overall tone is (perhaps deliberately) depressive, and we have no interest in shows that make our entertainment into a downer.

I have watched all the episodes so far. Love it. The IT seems pretty good. The anti-capitalist cabal is a fun twist.

I saw the first few episodes. It never hooked me the way Breaking Bad did, I think because the lead actor isn't interesting. I guess he's supposed to be mysterious or something. Some very interesting scenes, but I just can't get excited by it. If the gf has it on, I'll watch it.

I was disappointed by this show and ended up giving up on it after 3 episodes. I was just utterly bored by the main character -- maybe it's because I work in this field and know a few too many of these types in real life.

Loving it so far after about 6 episodes. The main character is so awkward it's funny. Kind of like Dexter in the first seasons of that series.

I watched a few episodes but tired of it quickly. A bit weird for my taste.

For me, Proof and Astronaut Wive's Club have been my favorite two new shows of the summer. I also like the Last Ship (in its second season) but it can be a bit weary at time.

I watched a few episodes but tired of it quickly. A bit weird for my taste.

For me, Proof and Astronaut Wive's Club have been my favorite two new shows of the summer. I also like the Last Ship (in its second season) but it can be a bit weary at time.

I agree with Proof and Last Ship... but watched only one Wife's club... it was way to soap opera for me...

Ronin, THANK YOU THANK YOU for the tip! I just checked it out.

Blade Runner meets The Matrix meets Neuromancer! Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom