Music: Jake Shimabukuro

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This guy plays Beatles music (among other stuff) on his ukelele. That may sound about as attractive as Mozart on bagpipes, but give a listen.

YouTube - jake plays a song of george harrison with an ukulele
YouTube - Jake Shimabukuro plays Beatle's tune "In My Life" LIVE!

My gal is down in 29 Palms Ca. with her 93 yo Mother doing a little visit & care and took advantage of the time to hook up with her best girlfriend from HS to go to the Joshua Tree music festival. Joshua Tree Music Festival Home Page
Called me so i could listen to Jake doing "My Time" on her cell phone. Kinda bad timing as i had just finished watching the Tivo'd final installment of The War. Kinda messed my emotions up. Big sniveling baby. Anyway - enjoy.

Hey, he's one of Hawaii's & Japan's hottest musicians and I don't mean in a "Don Ho" kinda way either. Jake plays ukulele the way Pete Townshend & Jimi Hendrix occasionally strum a little guitar.

Jake & Jimmy Buffett have been touring together, and Jimmy looks on Jake as passing the torch...

Hey, he's one of Hawaii's & Japan's hottest musicians and I don't mean in a "Don Ho" kinda way either. Jake plays ukulele the way Pete Townshend & Jimi Hendrix occasionally strum a little guitar.

Jake & Jimmy Buffett have been touring together, and Jimmy looks on Jake as passing the torch...

Kinda thought there was a slight chance you might be familiar with him....;)

Jake is Hawaii's musician hottest since Brother Iz (the big Hawaiian guy who sings the really beautiful over the rainbow song ).

The links you posted are his slow playing ukulele style, when he is really jamming you can't see his hands move. Plus he is geniunely nice kid very down to earth.

The uke seems to be getting popular. I went into a Seattle guitar store recently, and there were 20 or so people taking a uke class playing Beatles songs. I guess this guy might be why.

This is a more classic Jake pushing the limits on the Uke. YouTube - Jake Shimabukuro LIVE Concert: Crazy G (encore)=

My favorite Jake story, is this year after doing the Marathon for the first time (he trained with a former coach of mine but he is no natural runner) he got on stage 1/2 hour after finishing and gave a 45 minute concert!

Back
Top Bottom