Mutual fund portfolio matrix tool

CSdot

Recycles dryer sheets
Can anyone suggest an online tool where you can plug in the ticker symbols for all of my mutual fund and stocks so I can see how much overlap there is in my portfolio?

Over my Roth IRA, Roth 401(k), SepIRA, Traditional 401(k) and my taxable account I have 12 mutual funds, plus many individual stocks.

Thanks.:greetings10:

Morningstar does a great “portfolio X-ray” but I believe membership is required.

go to td ameritrade instant x-ray .

it’s free and is the morningstar one .

at first it looks like an advertisement for td ameritrade because it takes a minute to load .

i use it frequently.

just give it time to appear as it is slow to load initially

This will show overlap of two funds. https://www.etfrc.com/funds/overlap.php
Yes, very nice. Scroll down a bit to see the Venn diagram of overlap by weight.

So if I interpret this right (which seems to make sense), it says that adding QQQ to SPY doesn't do much for you in terms of diversifying, but if you hold QQQ, adding SPY will increase diversification a lot.

Same idea for VTI/SPY - VTI has 99.6% of SPY, so no real point in adding SPY to VTI if you are looking for diversification.

Helpful for tax loss harvesting. But in practice, I'm only in the broad index funds, so they are all very similar. I have been moving away from SPY and more towards VTI, ITOT and such, for a bit of added diversification into the smaller company stocks.

I also have used IWM (Russel 2000), which has ZERO overlap with SPY, to add small cap to a SPY holding, w/o selling SPY (if it would create a taxable gain event) and switching to VTI.

-ERD50

go to td ameritrade instant x-ray .

it’s free and is the morningstar one .

at first it looks like an advertisement for td ameritrade because it takes a minute to load .

i use it frequently.

just give it time to appear as it is slow to load initially

At schwab now?

Back
Top Bottom