My first day of re-retirement

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
As I posted elsewhere I found an ideal j*b last year but lasted about 4 months. I liked the people and the learning but in the end, my most valuable commodity by far is time.

In my reflections I remembered a valuable lesson from Kurt Vonnegut in 2005:

True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer - now dead,
and I were at a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island.
I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel to know that our host only yesterday may have made more money than your novel ‘Catch-22’
has earned in its entire history?”
And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.”
And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?”
And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.”

As I posted elsewhere I found an ideal j*b last year but lasted about 4 months. I liked the people and the learning but in the end, my most valuable commodity by far is time.

In my reflections I remembered a valuable lesson from Kurt Vonnegut in 2005:

True story, Word of Honor:
Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer - now dead,
and I were at a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island.
I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel to know that our host only yesterday may have made more money than your novel ‘Catch-22’
has earned in its entire history?”
And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.”
And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?”
And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.”

Glad you took the leap, now enjoy!!!

VW

Exactly.
We have enough.
Loving retirement and enjoying life!

I retired in 2016 at age 46 from my CFO position at a hedge fund. In 2017, a close friend of mine asked me to join him in a start up hedge fund and I accepted. We recently merged our fund into a larger company and I re-retired at age 52. I am now permanently retired.......

Congrats on your retirement-Take Two.

My hubby flunked his first attempt at retirement... His replacement at his old job quit without notice and he had to go back and close out the projects. That extra 5 months, for him, made him much more appreciative of retirement.

Back
Top Bottom