My Last Working Day

Touche' Running Bum!!

I am seriously jealous of a last day work schedule like that! Skiing, Brewskis & lotsa Fun!! You know how to do it Right!:LOL:

Thanks. Long time lurker. I'll post in the "Hi, I am" forum eventually.

Sorry to sound whiny and self-centered in your thread, RunningBum. Congratulations, and best wishes in your retirement!

Whew! It's done. No surprises, but not everything went on schedule.

First, my boss was late to the 8am call because his 7:30 started late. He did IM me at 8:03 to let me know.

Then I needed to scan my signed copy of a letter he sent, and my scanner wouldn't work. I forgot all about the suggestion in another thread to use a digital camera, and wound up using a neighbors fax.

Then on the 2nd ski run of the day, I got to the bottom, and saw a ski sliding towards me from way uphill. It crashed into the lift line barrier and I recognized it as one owned by a guy I was skiing with. I carried it back up on the lift so he wouldn't have to walk down, and was going to give him grief about it but then saw from the lift it looked like half his face was bloody. It was actually a lot worse looking than it really was, his sun glasses just dug into his face and he cleaned it up and continued skiing. It was such a nice ski day, and we've got 2 weeks of warm weather moving in, that we decided to ski through lunch and defer the brewpub lunch til next week.

Most importantly, there were no surprises in the meeting with the HR person. I actually had a pleasant surprise a couple weeks ago when my boss told me I would be getting 2 more months (at half-time pay) than we had agreed to, and this meeting confirmed the extra pay. Yay!

The HR person couldn't answer all of my questions so I've got to talk to some benefits people, but these are things that add up to just a few hundred dollars and I don't expect to get them, but it doesn't hurt to ask. It's things like health incentives that they would be adding to my HSA in April. So I will have to login a couple times in the next few days, but I'm not touching any work.

So a few blips, but success none the less!

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on getting it done!

Congratulations!!! Sounds like a great last day.
I'm also envious of you training for the Boston Marathon. It is on my bucket list but I'm not sure I can post a qualifying time.
Enjoy your retirement.

Know what's so cool about this? You're now in control of your life. That's a great feeling. To be free to live your life without someone telling you where to be and what to do.

Congrats again RunningBum. You've worked hard and now is the time to live life the way you want to. Go for it!

Oh, and please keep us posted too:greetings10:

What next? Short term I've got to go sign my revised will the next day, go on a ski trip to Utah 10 days later, finish my taxes, increase my training for the Boston marathon, close out the local ski season, move my 401K, figure out a partial Roth conversion, move my HSA, and re-balance my AA with all of these moves.

Longer term, I'm going to add more cross-training (weights, swimming) to my running; more time volunteering at the local nature center; slowly getting around to projects I've put off around the house, including more work on my model train layout; more reading; hmm, that sounds like enough, don't really want to rush into too much, just enjoy a life of leisure for awhile.
Beautiful way to close out a chapter in your life, especially the excerpt above. Congrats!!!

Well done Running Bum!

Congratulations Running Bum, a great way to wind it up!

Back
Top Bottom