Bigdawg

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just found this one today. My new fav:

'You can't produce a baby in 1 month by getting nine women pregnant'
-Warren Buffett-

-Warren Buffett-

I heard a slightly different form (not attributed to anyone): "In consulting, a client is someone who thinks you can produce a baby in one month if you put nine women on the project".

-Warren Buffett-

Yeah, you're made in the shade today, because of that seed you planted yesterday...or something like that.

That idea is far older than Buffett. But the concept is important.

We used that line at work when the big wigs were trying to assign us impossible schedules for new product development.

But the corollary is that if enough women are assigned to the project, odds are one is pregnant and ready to deliver.

Eh,If we weren't all crazy we would go insane. Oops, wrong Buffett :p

I remember a Fortune magazine back in the 1990's that interviewed both of them. It was determined that they were actually distant cousins. The Omaha Buffet said that he wished that he had the Margaritaville's Buffet singing ability, to which Margaritaville Buffet replied that he would prefer Omaha's wealth. Margaritaville Buffet didn't do too bad.:dance:

I have been clipping Buffett quotes for a while. Here are a few:

Warren Buffett: “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”

Warren Buffett: "I never have the faintest idea what the stock market is going to do in the next six months, or the next year, or the next two."

Warren Buffett: “The only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good."

Warren Buffet on the ovarian lottery: "“You don’t know whether you’re going to be born black or white. You don’t know whether you’re going to be born male or female,” he explained. “You don’t know whether you’re going to be born infirm or able-bodied. You don’t know whether you’re going to be born in the United States or Afghanistan.”
The ovarian lottery is “the most important event in which you’ll ever participate,” Buffett continued. “It’s going to determine way more than what school you go to, how hard you work, all kinds of things.” For example, “the least-gifted children of high-income parents graduate from college at higher rates than the most-gifted children of low-income parents.”

Warren Buffett: "Only buy something that you'd be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years."

Buffett: "Much success can be attributed to inactivity. Most investors cannot resist the temptation to constantly buy and sell." ... "Lethargy, bordering on sloth should remain the cornerstone of an investment style."​

/\.

Those were some good ones. Charlie Munger had a bunch too. I think it would have been fun to have worked for them.

Back
Top Bottom