My only big gainer today and the last few days was BYND .. Beyond Meat

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
JP Morgan says the market potential for the Vegan Burger is $100 Billion . I haven’t even tasted it yet. Some say it taste like the real thing. Carls Jr and TGIF offers their burger.

Has anyone tasted it ? They also said you can order it at Del Taco and a few fast food burger chains in CA, but Im in NC

JP Morgan says the market potential for the Vegan Burger is $100 Billion . I haven’t even tasted it yet. Some say it taste like the real thing. Carls Jr and TGIF offers their burger.

Has anyone tasted it ? They also said you can order it at Del Taco and a few fast food burger chains in CA, but Im in NC

Do not own it,never tried it/never will! Having disclosed that, My Rabbi says it could fade here (but support is at $81) and the current move has a target of $110.

I have not been following this stock, and just now take a look.

Market cap is $5.6B. Last quarter gross sales of $32M, with a net loss of $7.5M.

Very rich valuation, compared to other food producers, such as Tyson with a market cap of $28B on a quarterly gross sales of $10.4B and net profits of $426M.

Another meat producer is Hormel with market cap of $21B, on a quarterly sales of $2.3B and net profits of $282M.

Beyond Meat is something new, and people will say that it cannot be compared with existing food companies. But with such rich valuation, the company has to grow tremendously to justify the share price.

Dunno about being an investor, but I will look for it to try to satisfy my curiosity.

PS. I saw the other thread about Beyond Meat while traveling, and thought to remember to try it when I got home. Promptly forgot all about it till now.

Last edited:
It may taste good, I have no idea, but it seems pretty far the the "eat real food" ideas I've been interested in lately.

Seems more like Solent which my son ate for a while. That was a synthesized food too, though it wasn't trying to be be like some other food. (It tasted like pancake batter...)

I have not been following this stock, and just now take a look.

Market cap is $5.6B. Last quarter gross sales of $32M, with a net loss of $7.5M.

Very rich valuation, compared to other food producers, such as Tyson with a market cap of $28B on a quarterly gross sales of $10.4B and net profits of $426M.

Another meat producer is Hormel with market cap of $21B, on a quarterly sales of $2.3B and net profits of $282M.

Beyond Meat is something new, and people will say that it cannot be compared with existing food companies. But with such rich valuation, the company has to grow tremendously to justify the share price.

Dunno about being an investor, but I will look for it to try to satisfy my curiosity.

PS. I saw the other thread about Beyond Meat while traveling, and thought to remember to try it when I got home. Promptly forgot all about it till now.

Im just trading it short term, and just watching the momentum

I had a Beyond meat burger. It was actually really good. The texture was better than most veggie burgers and the flavor made me feel like I was eating a beef burger.

Now.... just for transparency. If you put a good beef burger next to one of these and try them both. You will be able to tell the difference.

At twice the fat content and twice the saturated fat content of a McDonald's hamburer Ill stick with the real thing or else stick to the 93% beef I use on the grill

93% Lean/7% Fat, Lean Ground Beef, 1 lb

unit price is 5 dollars and 24 cents per pound$5.24/LB

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 4 oz
Calories 170.0 Calories from Fat 70.0 270 Beyond Meat Calories
% Daily Values*
Total Fat 8.0g - 20G in Beyond Meat
12.0%%
Saturated Fat 3.0g 5 G in Beyond Meat
15.0%
Sodium 70.0mg - 380 MG in Beyond Meat
3.0%
Total Carbohydrates 0.0g 5Gm in Beyond Meat
0.0%%
Protein 23.0g - 20G in Beyond Meat

I suppose if one were a Vegan or Vegetarian this is a good option, but to be a total replacement for Beef, which the stock price subscribes seems far fetched and stretched.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom