My response to shuttered "Busted a stealth wealth magnate today" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....The IRS only goes to tax court of you take them there. It is very expensive. More likely, you get a large IRS bill and pay it, as it is the lesser or the two evils. Even if you win in tax court, you lose.

If what you state was correct then the tax court dockets would be close to empty..... safe to say, they are not. Though I give you credit for the strength of your convictions.

I agree with Senator if you have to go all the way to tax court, even if you win it's a hollow victory after all the stress, tax accountant fees and legal fees, it's not like you can get IRA to pay your court fees.

If what you state was correct then the tax court dockets would be close to empty..... safe to say, they are not. Though I give you credit for the strength of your convictions.

If it was that easy, there would not be as many IRS tax liens...

Figure a minimum of $5K for attorneys and accountants, likely much higher. Maybe you can argue the case yourself, maybe not. That is where a settlement comes in.

Do not forget, there are plenty of sovereign citizens that pay no income tax. If that was not legal, there would not be as many doing it.

Admins on this board can be a little overzeoulous...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Perhaps that's an issue you'd like to take up with one of us by private message.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

That's not really true,keeping this board civilized is their number one goal and one of the reasons it continues to flourish..after you hit a few thousand posts you can walk that tightrope yourself...:D

If it was that easy, there would not be as many IRS tax liens...

Figure a minimum of $5K for attorneys and accountants, likely much higher. Maybe you can argue the case yourself, maybe not. That is where a settlement comes in.

Do not forget, there are plenty of sovereign citizens that pay no income tax. If that was not legal, there would not be as many doing it.

My understanding is that the sovereign citizen claim to therefore not pay taxes or speeding tickets for attend trial for criminal actions consistently fails in tax/regular court.
Naturally that does not mean people won't try it as the promise of not paying taxes is attractive to many, even if it turns out to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom