My Story, Part 2..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
(Removed by moderators, as requested by FinanceDude.)

Last edited by a moderator:
...(snip)...
Out of desperation, I went to a therapist and paid for several sessions even though I couldn't afford them. She told me I had to quit blaming my lot in life on my parents, even though I had a right to. She told me I needed to become the person that made me happy. Smart woman, but of course I didn't follow her advice.
So are you now following the therapist's advise?

Have you continued some running activity in your later adult life?

Great life story, thanks FinanceDude for sharing. This is a real page turner. I'm ready for part 3 :).

Very interesting story. I've been waiting for part II. Thanks for a great read.

Thank you for the honest life story. It helps me reading your story, too. I also came from a dysfunctional family. People do not talk much of such important things because it hurts too much...

Thanks for posting. I do always like to read the story of someone who had difficulty in the high school, post-high school years and is able to turn it around (makes me less nervous as the mom of 3 kids in that age range...).

The final straw was when she visited with her husband of 5 years and my stepmom made them sleep in seperate bedrooms

Now, that, is just bizarre.....

Thanks for posting your life story. Similar to mine in some ways. I can't wait for part 3.

Last edited:
This is interesting, FinanceDude. Your stepmother, obviously, has some deep problems. Wonder why your Dad stayed with her don't you? :facepalm:

I just saw and read Part I and Part II. I applaud you for persevering through the emotional muck thrown at you and now having the courage to write all of this down. HUG :flowers:

Some of the elements of the step-mother's personality and treatment of you and your sister have an eerie resemblance to some of the stories my late husband and his siblings told me about their mother's behavior toward them. There are control freaks, and then there are control freaks. :nonono:

Purge yourself of this poison, once and for all.

This is interesting, FinanceDude. Your stepmother, obviously, has some deep problems. Wonder why your Dad stayed with her don't you? :facepalm:

40 years and counting........:crazy::blink: She's a real whack job, that's for sure......

If something happened to your dad...your step mom would be all alone. What about her own son? How has he worked out? Or is that in part 3?

If something happened to your dad...your step mom would be all alone. What about her own son? How has he worked out? Or is that in part 3?

Part 3. He is fiercely defensive of my dad and also his mom. he also thinks I am overblowing how bad things were. I told him until he walks a mile in my shoes he doesn't have a clue........:rolleyes:

Heard a lot of similar things about SIL's childhood. Her DD and SM (step mother) each had children by a previous marriage then had one of their own. The way SIL tells it, the only one who mattered was "their" child. One story I remember in particular is that all of the children got a bicycle for Christmas, except SIL. SIL called favorite grandma (paternal) and grandma sent her a bicycle. When SIL's quite wealthy DD and SM died, everything was left to their child...none of the others inherited anything. OTOH, when the favorite grandma...also quite wealthy...died, SIL inherited everything.

I think that SIL was really affected by her SM's emotional abuse and her DF's lack of support. SIL was a terrific stay-at-home mom, but when her children graduated high school, she pretty much cut off all support. She and BIL both set certain standards by which they expected their adult children live...mind you, not just when they were visiting, but all of the time. They have disowned two of their three children...to the point where they tells friends that they only have one child. Each of the disowned children (one converted to another religion, the other is gay) recieved a box of pictures...all of the family pictures in which they appeared. BIL and SIL have no relationship with any family member who has anything to do with their "disowned" children...because it "disrespects" them. The only exception they have made is for BIL's mother, but they hit the ceiling every time they find out that one of their "disowned" children calls her...most recently to wish her a happy 92nd birthday.

I don't know to what extent the abuse SIL had influenced her dramatic turn around on her own children. BIL has always been the type of person whose concern extended no further than his own welfare, so it didn't surprise me a lot when they refused to help put their kids through college. But gees Louise, I'd never have believed how their life has evolved if hadn't seen it. Sad, sad, sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom