PSA BMW Financial Services

COcheesehead

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If you don’t have any connections to BMW Financial Services, don’t bother reading anymore.

He is my heads up in case you do.

My last car associated with BMW Financial was purchased at the end of my lease by my business partner in 2018. Title was sent, car registered end of story. Not really.

They continued to send me correspondence regarding the car for several months. I deleted my online account, removing my email address - which is my burner account. Told my partner to contact them to update contact info. End of story. Not really

I continued to get emails of a promotional nature from BMW and sent remove my email requests every time I got one. End of story. Not really.

Today I get an email detailing my end of lease options on a car coming off lease in 90 days. It’s not the car bought at lease end. A completely different car.
So I called BMW and explained the situation. The agent seemed a bit nervous and put me on hold. She came back and said my email was on someone else’s account. We determined that none of my personal information was on the other account, only my email. So she deleted it.
I am not 100% convinced something weird isn’t going on, but I have all my credit locked and I have three different credit monitoring services going simultaneously and I have had nothing get flagged. My credit report shows no open BMW account, just two previous closed leases.

So how does an almost five year old email account, which I deleted or asked to be deleted end up on someone else’s account. Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
So how does an almost five year old email account, which I deleted or asked to be deleted end up on someone else’s account. Inquiring minds want to know.
My guess, someone got lazy, or vindictive, and keyed your email address into someone elses account.

Or, perhaps, it was merged incorrectly. Someone was updating a worksheet to be imported into a data base and skipped a cell.

Happened to me with a clients email, in the most random and unexplainable fashion.

I enter a prospect in our CRM. Months later I get an email from the prospect wondering why our firm name appears on a mailing for his policy. Odd thing, its a policy we didn't place. Happens to be with a carrier we represent, but that's it. Nobody could explain it, but it clearly pissed off the prospect who has ghosted me since.

Looking back at the original email, I see a CC’d email address. When I googled, it goes back to a real estate broker in Miami. Do I contact him or let the correction BMW made stand?

Back
Top Bottom