My Vanguard Flagship Services Rep Changed

Our representative has always been helpful. Set us up with a CFP when we had some questions about gifting to grandchildren and when my wife had an inheritance. We just don't use them very often.

No Flagship here - I'm merely a Voyager Select customer in the midst of an attempt to roll over a CSRS Voluntary Contribution account to a Roth IRA. It's not a common transaction, so I'm running into bureaucratic inertia (especially now we have entered the sacrosanct Holiday Period!!), but not Vanguard inertia. The Vanguard rep gave me good instructions from their end, and has called me twice to see if everything's going OK from my end. Of course VG stands to gain from the transaction, but still - I'm impressed by how she took ownership of the process.

Amethyst

Nobody at Schwab calls me since I made it clear I do not wish to be pestered. But when I call them I usually have a quesion so blindingly simple that they can answer it right away, or a question that requires someone to call me back once they figure out who can answer my question. But no complaints on service.

Nobody at Schwab calls me since I made it clear I do not wish to be pestered. But when I call them I usually have a quesion so blindingly simple that they can answer it right away, or a question that requires someone to call me back once they figure out who can answer my question. But no complaints on service.

No incoming calls from my Schwab rep either and for the same reason. Like you, I find calls to their 800 number generally give excellent results. And we live near a brick and mortar office, so I usually see my assigned rep in person once every year or two with a small list of projects for him. Last time it was setting up POA's for DW, my son and myself on each others accounts. Also, he's quite versed in the nuts and bolts of investing procedures and doesn't mind Q and A sessions on getting things done via their web site.

I usually get several years out of a rep before he/she moves on.

I work with one of Schwab's Orlando-based institutional service team on a daily basis, so if I have any sort of question, they get right on it.
I have been less impressed with the Alliance CSRs at Schwab when I've had rare occasion to call them (they are the "regular" customer reps that account holders must contact). And judging by some of the boneheaded answers they give my clients every now and again, they might need some more training.
The only bad experience I've ever had is with a retail Schwab office rep telling one of our clients some bad information and then not correcting it.

I work with one of Schwab's Orlando-based institutional service team on a daily basis, so if I have any sort of question, they get right on it.

I am of the opinion that the Schwab IST reps are hands down THE BEST in the business. Schwab is a company where being a service rep is a career, not simply a stepping stone.

Vanguard Rep

I moved an inherited IRA to Vanguard. The rep was adamant about leaving the IRA rollover in the same name. I checked further and discovered that changing the joint ownership would have triggered a large tax hit. I received some good advise on what was to me, an arcane tax pitfall. BTW, this was better advise than other professionals gave. YMMV.

I moved an inherited IRA to Vanguard. The rep was adamant about leaving the IRA rollover in the same name. I checked further and discovered that changing the joint ownership would have triggered a large tax hit. I received some good advise on what was to me, an arcane tax pitfall. BTW, this was better advise than other professionals gave. YMMV.

Interesting....almost all financial firms will NOT transfer that type of account unless the registration stays the same, FINRA and SEC rules. Whose "advice" did you get that did not know that? :nonono:

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)

Here is a Photo of HMS Vanguard, a British Battleship whose explosion in Scapa flow with the loss of 802 lives was one of the great disasters of WWI

Well You asked for pictures...:greetings10::)

Attachments

• vangrd1l.gif
    vangrd1l.gif
    201.8 KB · Views: 1
Interesting....almost all financial firms will NOT transfer that type of account unless the registration stays the same, FINRA and SEC rules. Whose "advice" did you get that did not know that? :nonono:

And good luck getting one moved with a different Tax ID #, either!

Back
Top Bottom