Nags Head NC in September.

unclemick

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Sooo - how much trouble/fun can an ER and girlfriend have between Kansas City and Nags Head (beach rental for 1 wk in sept.)? I plan on driving - no great rush, I think we have the dog/cat/house sitter situation covered.

The gathering of the clan is East coast this year - something different and mainly cause the oldest Nephew got rotated from California to the Pentagon. I'll probably be the sole male to pass on golf.

So it's the beach, sight seeing?, food(8 couples, two kids under 4), and and.

Museum's, fishing, any weird and hinky local food items, etc - skip the bellydancer's from the other thread as I am single/but in tow so to speak - plus it's family so I can't get too wild.

heh heh heh - :cool: I used to drive KC to Chattanooga hang a right south to Weiss Lake, The Crappie Capitol of the World - there is really an East Coast, it's not a myth - right? :D.

We've done Nags Head in September several times. It's a great time to be there - warm water and not so crowded. Just keep an eye out for hurricanes.

I'll be down the coast from you closer to Wilmington in September. In my opinion - September is the best time for the beach (assuming no hurricanes hit!). The temp is cooler but the water temp is still very warm. The sun isn't as strong, and occasional distant tropical storms off the coast make bigger waves. And no crowds. And it is 1/3 to 1/4 the peak season prices for rentals. And not as much traffic.

Great time for the Outer Banks. The wind really starts to blow then. You can take up windsurfing or, better yet, kiteboarding. One of our board members (can't remember his name) is a kiteboarder and moved down there to ER. Maybe you can cop some lessons. ;)

Yeah, assuming no hurricanes it is the best time to be there. We will be at Oak Island till October.........

Great time for the Outer Banks. The wind really starts to blow then. You can take up windsurfing or, better yet, kiteboarding. One of our board members (can't remember his name) is a kiteboarder and moved down there to ER. Maybe you can cop some lessons. ;)

TargaDave?

Been to OBX many times... but not in Sept. Let us know how it turns out. It should be a little less expensive and less crowded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom