new dude

hansome13

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hey...My name is Mike, live in the northwest. Journeyman electrician, motorcycle junkie. Just wanted to say Hi.

Hi.
Welcome to the forum, hope to hear more from you.

Welcome to the forum. Hope to hear more from you.

Hello. In order for us to better advise you we need your name, social security number, place of birth, your mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet. ;)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Mike! What kind of MC do you have or like?

I used to be huge into motorcycles of all kinds. Still love them but haven't ridden in a while.

Hello. In order for us to better advise you we need your name, social security number, place of birth, your mother’s maiden name and the name of your first pet. ;)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Mike, Dawg52 forgot we will also need the name of your HS mascot, first girl friends name, bank routing number and account numbers and of course any CC numbers as well as the CVS code on the back. Just kidding, what kind of scoot you riding these days, Sparky ? Oh and as you can probably tell, this is an ornery bunch too !

Welcome, Mike. Nice of you to drop by. Hope to hear more from you.

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a bit more about yourself and where you are on the FIRE journey.

Thanks for all the greetings

I've been an electrician for 25 years, IBEW. Just took a job teaching at the local community college. But I think I should just retire...Anyhow, I have too many motorcycles, 6 of them, and am thinking about scaling back. I have 2 in the shop that need lots of repairs, a anniversary Deuce, A road King, A street glide, and a BMWr1150. I am overwhelmed with projects....I volunteer at the local AMVETS a lot, and am currently the Dept Finance officer. And teaching all day plus was appointed to the faculty committee. I think I have too much going on. There seems to be less time now than when I was working full time.

I've been an electrician for 25 years, IBEW. Just took a job teaching at the local community college. But I think I should just retire...Anyhow, I have too many motorcycles, 6 of them, and am thinking about scaling back. I have 2 in the shop that need lots of repairs, a anniversary Deuce, A road King, A street glide, and a BMWr1150. I am overwhelmed with projects....I volunteer at the local AMVETS a lot, and am currently the Dept Finance officer. And teaching all day plus was appointed to the faculty committee. I think I have too much going on. There seems to be less time now than when I was working full time.

Wow you do sound BUSY! I also taught for a while before fully retiring (I'm a retired physical therapist). It helped with transitioning myself out of a career that I strongly identified with. I felt like I was passing my skills onto the next generation, which felt wonderful. However, after several years of it, the negative aspects built up, and I was DONE!

Welcome to the forum. It's all about what you enjoy, are you stressed or do you feel obligated to do all those projects? If you gave up, say 1/2 of them, would you feel fulfilled? I volunteer at the forest preserve district and have for 8 years or so. I know most people, like them, and absolutely love the forests. We're in the middle of corn and bean country. Central Illinois. These forests provide wildlife, gorgeous lakes (for this area), natural beauty, and education for kids. I can say no to projects or events. There is no boss.

I get you want to be productive and stay active. Just as Michael Corleone famously said, "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!" :) It's really up to you.

I do feel stressed. Just posting here helped me to realize that I may be beyond my limits.

I do feel stressed. Just posting here helped me to realize that I may be beyond my limits.

Which is exactly why this is such a popular forum. You can discuss anything (well, within certain limits) and get good, friendly advice.

Browse through the place, and use the Search box, especially the Advanced Search feature, to find past discussions.

Feel free to start up a new thread in any of the forums, as appropriate.

Welcome! One thing you won't hear on this forum is:

Alright...license and registration:cool:

I'm impressed with your w*rk/life balance. How are you doing on your finances? If you're shy, express it in percentages of your goal. What financial vehicles are you using? Mutual funds? Bonds or bond funds, IRAs, Roths, big houses like Vanguard, Schwab, Fidelity? Enquiring minds want to know.

Back
Top Bottom