New Fidelity Credit Card

Can you have two accounts (one account with two cards, one card for me, one card for DW), and then a separate account (with just one card) in the same household?

This would allow us to continue to get 2% rewards on everything (including the places that don't accept AMEX), and would allow us to put all our recurring auto-charges on a 2% card (they are now split between this AMEX and a 1% Amazon Visa card now, for those places that don't accept AMEX).

But it would be nice to keep all the auto-recurring on their own card that we don't use anywhere else. That should cut down on the minor hassle of updating those if the main card gets a fraud alert. And we'd still have our 1% Amazon (3% for Amazon purchases) as a back up if the new Fidelity Visa got denied.

Sound like a good plan? Can they do that?

-ERD50

Can you have two accounts (one account with two cards, one card for me, one card for DW), and then a separate account (with just one card) in the same household?

This would allow us to continue to get 2% rewards on everything (including the places that don't accept AMEX), and would allow us to put all our recurring auto-charges on a 2% card (they are now split between this AMEX and a 1% Amazon Visa card now, for those places that don't accept AMEX).

But it would be nice to keep all the auto-recurring on their own card that we don't use anywhere else. That should cut down on the minor hassle of updating those if the main card gets a fraud alert. And we'd still have our 1% Amazon (3% for Amazon purchases) as a back up if the new Fidelity Visa got denied.

Sound like a good plan? Can they do that?

-ERD50
In the past I've had multiple cards from the same provider, so I think they can issue two cards. The question is what is their policy. I would call and ask.

American Express will issue different card numbers for each card holder - that's standard. But none of the other cards I've had have worked that way, including the FIA services card. With those all card holders have the same number.

Back
Top Bottom