New iPad

If it was a genuine Apple cord, I’m hard pressed to believe it was the cord. I’d try that cord with other charging blocks and see what happens. I guess anything is possible, but a bad cord just seems unlikely. Of course by now you have a new cord so you should be up and running.

I’d get on the Apple web site and explain your situation either through chat (I think the have that) or by email. Tell them how upsetting it is to not have the new cord shipped during COVID times and get up in their business. I’m guessing they’ll ship a cord to you. Frankly, I’ve never had a problem with an Apple product and I’m upset for you how you’ve been treated. That’s BS. I’m guessing you have an order number so connecting it to you should be no problem.

I will agree with the comment above - it’s good to have a couple cords around. Charging blocks too. Just easier that way. I so wish there was a industry standard that they all had to use. I understand that Apple wants to differentiate itself, but that’s one area that’s just a pain if you’re not all Apple.

I’ve purchased many USB C cords on Amazon. Third party ones work fine and come in many lengths for 1/3 the price of an Apple cord. They do occasionally go bad. That’s why we always have a bunch around.

I picked up the replacement cord today. I double masked and went back to pick it up. When they brought it out, it was in a small padded envelope that had been mailed to the Apple Store. It had not been sent in a shipment with other parts. It was in envelope that had been mailed to the store. I mention this because it could have been mailed to me at no additional cost to Apple. Remember that we are still in a pandemic and should reduce our in person trips to stores.

This was a cord...an inexpensive item. I could understand if the iPad itself had to be replaced. But a cord! The excuse was that I needed to bring in the defective part. I had the defective cord when I went to the store the first time and asked if they would take it then and mail the replacement cord to me.

This is extremely poor customer service. Good customer service would have been to replace the cord with one they had in stock and for sale. Fair customer service would have mailed the replacement cord to me.

Back
Top Bottom