New Retired Guy

Gottafishmore

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi Folks,
I retired a bit earlier than expect in July 2020 at 63, it was my Independence Day!
Had 28+ years with the agency but the last few with a incompetent manager. As a Facility Manager for a Agency of the State I was on call 24-7 for most of those years, loved my job and had a great crew! Covid & stress helped me decide it was the right time for me to go. In the beginning there was terrible anxiety but my wife helped me thru that. Life is good now.

Welcome and congratulations.

Hi Folks,
I retired a bit earlier than expect in July 2020 at 63, it was my Independence Day!
Had 28+ years with the agency but the last few with a incompetent manager.
Welcome and congratulations.... If it helps to know, it seems like a lot of us ran into manager incompetence near the end of our careers...:)

Congrats and welcome to the best part of your life.

Welcome to the club! Think of all that you can do now that you only have one person trying to tell you where you have to be when! ;)

I figure there were always incompetent managers, but we saw more of them as we got to more senior positions and we had less tolerance for them as our nest eggs grew. Welcome!

Now you have time to enjoy the time you have.

When I retired 4 months ago, my wife got me one of those clocks that tells the day of the week, mostly as a joke. Well it's no joke that I refer to it pretty regularly now, the days, weeks and months are racing by and the same magic will happen for you.

Welcome to the club!!! And think of all of those places just calling you to go fish in!

Congratulations and Welcome to the forum. This is a fun place to learn and share.
Hope to hear more about your retired life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom