New Star Trek Movie Coming

Qs Laptop

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Paramount announces they are producing another Star Trek prequel movie. This untitled movie will take place before the events of the Star Trek (2009) movie.

If you remember, the movie Star Trek (2009) was a prequel to The Original Series (TOS) from TV in 1966. Previously, the prequel to TOS was Star Trek Enterprise (2001). That is, until Star Trek Strange New Worlds (2022) came along. Strange New Worlds slotted in between Enterprise and TOS. Thus Strange New Worlds became the new prequel to TOS and the sequel to Enterprise.

It seems the new Untitled movie will take place before Star Trek Discovery, which is a prequel to both TOS and Star Trek (2009.) Thus the untitled movie will be a prequel to both Star Trek Discovery, Star Trek Strange New Worlds and Star Trek 2009. So somehow Star Trek The Original Series is now a sequel to four other productions.

Or something...

Yes, Paramount is doing a good job of working the franchise ... and making it complicated!

We just started watching Strange New Worlds and it took 5 minutes for DW and I to figure out where it fit. I'm not sure we actually got it right!

So, it’s a prequel to a sequel that’s a sequel to a prequel?

If I cared enough, I'd make a chronological list of all the ST shows and movies. Actually, with the size of the fan base, no doubt there are already a thousand of them out on the web. Somehow I just can't be bothered to google them.

I've probably watched them all. I'll probably watch this new one. It's just too confusing to keep all the details straight.

Which time line is it? The original time line with ST:TOS and ST:NG or the new time line with Vulcan Blown to smithereens and two Spocks (before Nimoy died)? And did they mix it with one of the alternative universes? Did the Earth-Romulan war take place yet?

The Earth-Romulan War, also known as the Romulan War, was a major interstellar conflict fought from 2156 to 2160 between the forces of United Earth and those of the Romulan Star Empire. ... It included participants from the later war allies and Federation founders, i.e., Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar,

Actually, a movie explaining the Earth-Romulan War would be interesting, IF it was done right and not turned into an improbable Shoot-Em-Up.

Last edited:
Only issue I have with all these Star Trek shows is that they are on Paramount which I dont subscribe to.

Only issue I have with all these Star Trek shows is that they are on Paramount which I dont subscribe to.

If you get a trial sub, it's usually very cheap, and they will throw extra cheap/free extensions when you ask to cancel, over and over it seems.

There is a documentary about William Shatner. I think it’s in the theaters.

There is a documentary about William Shatner. I think it’s in the theaters.
I haven't seen it, but I wonder if it talks about his tinnitus. He said he was in a dark place at one time.

Paramount Plus is one of the few streaming services I subscribe to and I do it solely to watch Star Trek. The final season of Star Trek Discovery has just started and so far the first 3 episodes have been good, better than the other season I think. I am rewatching Deep Space Nine, love that series, especially Captain Sisko.

Paramount Plus is one of the few streaming services I subscribe to and I do it solely to watch Star Trek. The final season of Star Trek Discovery has just started and so far the first 3 episodes have been good, better than the other season I think. I am rewatching Deep Space Nine, love that series, especially Captain Sisko.
I never got in to those. I liked the original series and Next Generation pretty well, but I never did see all Next Generation episodes.

If you get a trial sub, it's usually very cheap, and they will throw extra cheap/free extensions when you ask to cancel, over and over it seems.

Paramount + is also free if you have Walmart+ which is a pretty good deal and also free thru some AMEX cards

I would call myself a Star Trek fan but not a super fan. DS9 is probably my favorite series. Watching the franchise from start to finish is part of my retirement plan!

I would call myself a Star Trek fan but not a super fan. DS9 is probably my favorite series. Watching the franchise from start to finish is part of my retirement plan!

Good plan. We did that last year. I hadn't gotten into DS9 when it first came out. We did one episode per night, whenever we were home, straight through the whole series. I started to like it a lot more than I remember from the few episodes I saw when it first aired.

Back
Top Bottom