New T. Rowe Price "Summit Program"

That does beg the question - how does one prevent the automatic conversion from happening next year?

Somewhere on the website it says you can opt out of the Household part of the program, but I don’t know about opting out altogether. I would assume if you did, you would lose the other benefits like Morning* premium.

Probably have to call to find out.

Got this today from my guy at TRP:
We are planning to institute an automatic I Class conversion for eligible funds, but that isn’t targeted to take place until the first few months in 2022. There will be more notifications sent before that takes place to make sure you are aware of when that would happen. If you ever wanted to “de-convert” back into the investor class shares after moving into the I class, that is something you can do and would just need let us know. There is also a way to Opt-Out of the automatic I Class conversions if you would like – we should be able to do that over the phone if you’re interested.

@marko
Is there a reason one might want to de-convert from class 1 shares back to investor shares? All I knew about class 1 shares were that they were lower cost. Is there something more to it?

@marko
Is there a reason one might want to de-convert from class 1 shares back to investor shares? All I knew about class 1 shares were that they were lower cost. Is there something more to it?

Lower cost and in the Summit program, the ability to access closed funds.
My reason for wanting to stay in investor class is that the class I funds delivered notably lower dividends and Cap Gains which, for us are our main source of income. The lower fees didn't make a dent in the difference.

Back
Top Bottom