New Zealand

Did you mainly camp on trip ?
Did you use their equipment?
Did you purchase travel insurance ?

I plan to bring my own tent and quilt (bag).
Hire (rent) one of their bikes.

Thanks

Sorry, I just now saw this. I brought my own backpack, sleeping pad and sleeping bag. I rented their tent and opted not to share the tent. It was roomier than my backpacking tent. I did purchase travel insurance, but only for healthcare since I booked the trip only three weeks before going.

I did the Routeburn Track backpacking which was awesome, ice glacier hiking, sea kayaking, white water rafting, swim with the dolphins, and hang gliding. It was all really amazing.

We will travel NZ too, starting mid February in Christchurch, leaving mid March from Auckland. It will be self drive.
We are sooo much looking forward to it, as we had to cancel last winter due to a broken foot of DH.

Have a great trip! Will wave :greetings10: when we see Flying Kiwis passing by.

We are headed to Christchurch early Feb, leaving Aukland mid March....sounds like a possible forum meetup might be in order!

I wish you a great trip. Unfortunately we had to cancel our bookings (again) as DH will go to hospital next week for bladder tumor.
Some things or trips are not meant to happen.

Enjoy your trip!

Ouch, the price is nice but the shared facilities are no longer my choice.
Sorry to hear you're delayed. Once you get there, well worth the looooong flight.
I don't recall any problem with shared facilities, but is a free world, after all. Until you land in jail!
:LOL:

I just returned from my second trip, went to the South Island again.

Had the worst time with allergies though. Apparently pollen is especially bad this year, though it seemed to be a little better towards the end of my trip in late January.

You should expect to spend $15 every meal or so per person, more for dinner. NZ dollar is about 68 cents to the USD.

Restaurant prices include tax and tip. So if a steak dish costs 35-45 NZD, it’s not too bad.

Some hotels and motels can be pricey, especially around Queenstown.

When you drive, there are a lot of signs reminding you to drive the left side of the road.

It tends to get very windy, especially in Wellington. Also the sun is intense, so use sunscreen liberally and frequently.

I just returned from my second trip, went to the South Island again.

Had the worst time with allergies though. Apparently pollen is especially bad this year, though it seemed to be a little better towards the end of my trip in late January.

You should expect to spend $15 every meal or so per person, more for dinner. NZ dollar is about 68 cents to the USD.

Restaurant prices include tax and tip. So if a steak dish costs 35-45 NZD, it’s not too bad.

Some hotels and motels can be pricey, especially around Queenstown.

When you drive, there are a lot of signs reminding you to drive the left side of the road.

It tends to get very windy, especially in Wellington. Also the sun is intense, so use sunscreen liberally and frequently.

Thanks...... nice to have an idea of what to expect if we ever get there..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom