Newbie Tuesday

Valen

Dryer sheet wannabe
I've been following this forum for probably 6 years now so I figure it's about time I came out of the shadows. I retired about 3 years ago and this forum really helped me get through the final 3-4 years of w*rk before I retired. There was so much good advice!

A little about me: I'm 57 and have been married for 3 years now (so far, so good). I was happily employed at a university for about 30 years. Unfortunately I worked there for over 35 years :). I'm fortunate to have a pension (about 62% of my salary) but neither my DH nor I will have Social Security. My DH has been retired from the Feds for about 7 years. I've been a life-long saver/investor, making plenty of mistakes along the way, but was consistent in socking away money so was able to retire at 54. I love everything about retirement!

Welcome Valen. Love hearing that ER is working out so well for you.

Hi and welcome.

I was also a lurker for a long time also. Got some really good advice when I was ready to retire as well and still do. It gets a little easier to post after a while. I think the only problem you may have, (as much as you may love it) is finding the time to post often.

That was quite a feat to marry and retire near the same time. Congrats on both. Glad both are working out for you.

Thanks on the congrats! Yes, the marriage and retirement were within a couple of months of each other. It's funny because I've always felt I was very financially independent but somehow being married made me more confident that I could retire (we all know how marriage makes everything better, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom