No Residence -

savory

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our landlord sold our rental house so we do not own or rent right now. We are keeping some of our stuff with our DD and a friend. Right now, we are traveling and staying with our DD in between trips. But, we are not on a lease or own a house. We can foresee this continuing for 3 to 9 months.

If you have been in this situation, perhaps you can let me know how to handle things like how do we vote? register our car? change our drivers license, pay state taxes? etc.

Our mail is coming to DD. When, DD lands a new job, we will move back together, solving this problem In the meantime, if you have experience with being 'homeless' can you let me know your approach to my questions and other experiences you may have had.

Thanks

Our landlord sold our rental house so we do not own or rent right now. We are keeping some of our stuff with our DD and a friend. Right now, we are traveling and staying with our DD in between trips. But, we are not on a lease or own a house. We can foresee this continuing for 3 to 9 months.

If you have been in this situation, perhaps you can let me know how to handle things like how do we vote? register our car? change our drivers license, pay state taxes? etc.

Our mail is coming to DD. When, DD lands a new job, we will move back together, solving this problem In the meantime, if you have experience with being 'homeless' can you let me know your approach to my questions and other experiences you may have had.

Thanks

We will be running into this for an entirely different reason next fall. We are selling our house and going out cruising for a year or more on our boat.

One of the biggest outfits in the cruising/boating/RV community that we plan to use is https://www.sbimailservice.com/. They will set you up with FL residency (you may have to go there for a day or so and get all the local stuff set up) and a real FL street address in a "virtual" town. You can have all your mail scanned, choose what get trashed, choose what gets sent to you via email, and choose what gets forwarded in a box to wherever you want. Just now starting to investigate all the ins and outs of it......

Perhaps there are full time RV'ers on the forum who have experiences with other similar outfits.....

Thanks

I guess that because you have a place to get mail the default place of residence would be your DD's house. It is no different really than RV folks who adopt an RV park that forwards mail as their residence, or that George Bush (41) used the Houstonian hotel as the place he voted while in the White House.

Thanks
You can pick one location as your home, the place you plan to return to regularly. Your daughter's place will work fine for this. Just be consistent and have all your insurance, voting, driver's license, etc. set to that address. And yes, you will pay taxes based on that residency status.

Old full-time RVer here. We initially used DH's mother's address (same state as our original address) and regularly stayed at an RV park nearby. When she passed, we changed our address to the RV park since we returned there at least once a year. Good enough.

We knew a lot of people that used Escapees mail service in Texas that could provide a Livingston TX physical address as needed. We used them for mail, as our mailing address, but not for our physical address.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom