Now you can leave your heirs your ink when you die

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
This Ohio funeral home will preserve your tattoo when you die

Save My Ink Forever, a Northeast Ohio-based company stationed out of a funeral home in Northfield...say they’re the only company in the world offering post-mortem tattoo preservation: they remove the skin, they preserve it and they frame it for families.

I expect they will expand the product line to offer lampshades, wallets, and handbags. :facepalm:

That is pretty darn interesting. What will people think of next!?

Go see your estate planning if you want to specify who gets which tat after you're gone!

Interesting. I suppose no different than keeping ashes.
Many folks in my family have tattoos, but that is not a way I would choose to remember them by.

I think I'll get inked on my backside and have it made into a lamp shade when I die and have it in my will to pass it on to a certain couple of heirs... They already think I'm an a** so why not "brighten their day" and keep it that way. :)

Last edited:
From the article "Some people may see it as macabre, but the Sherwoods see it as art preservation."

I'm going with macabre. But if you think about things, not matter what, how to deal with a corpse is pretty much macabre :(.

YA SEE..... Grandpas fence tattoo was just barb wire to begin with.....

I was intrigued by this site which imbeds cremains of your loved one (human or animal) into jewelry and baubles, but for me, preserving someone's tattoos is going a bit too far.

Kinda gross info available here:

https://www.storiesandink.com/en-us/blogs/journal/preserved-tattooed-skin-art-or-horror

I saw a movie ca 1966? IIRC it was called "Paris Secret." One small chunk of the movie detailed people making money by being tattooed and having the "art" removed (while still living) and then selling the art to a collector. IIRC it was done on "contract." IOW the collector specified what they wanted and a "needy" person got the ink done at a designated artist. The skin was removed and preserved much as it would be done with a cadaver. I'd like to think this would be illegal in the USA but I don't know.

Anyway, apparently the whole concept of preserving "ink" is not particularly new but YMMV.

Sounds disgusting to me, but so do a lot of things people do.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 18.09.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 18.09.56.png
    806.4 KB · Views: 4
In my (and DW's) parents generation, gold teeth were extracted at death to help pay funeral expenses. Another grisly idea but at least it had some practical application - especially in the hard times my parents' families experienced. YMMV

It won't be long before these wind up at yard sales or Goodwill stores, like many of the rest of the "treasured heirlooms" that no one wants.

Over the centuries locks of hair were saved and put into lockets and other mementos. That's OK with me. But tattooed skin put into a picture frame or whatever is a bit morbid. But people do save ashes, too. I have come across ashes with flowers on the trail at one of the National Parks more than once and reported it. I think something like that could affect small kids, as would a tattoo in a frame.

However...Wouldn't a shrunken head be cool? Ha!

Back
Top Bottom