NW-Bound

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
NW-Bound you still around?? Haven't heard from you for 9 days.

I think he was planning a trip overseas somewhere.
Thanks aja!

I remember him talking about it but didn't know when it was. I thought he might be counting all his money and was taking a while longer. Lol

But counting for 10 days would be a lot and I got worried! Lol

I like teasing him a little and he knows that.

Thanks Sir and have a great day!!!!

Hi there, my friends. Yes, I am still alive and kicking. :)

I have not been active on the forum, as I decided to spend time to clean up my electronic hobby room upstairs, whose contents had spilled out to 2 adjacent rooms. And the entire upstairs floor with 5 rooms is a mess, which we need to declutter, because we may have visitors from out of town.

The sorting out of the stuff that I accumulated over the years plus saved from my failed business takes a lot of time, and I really meant to finish the job this time. Part of the motivation comes from having to work with my siblings to clean up our mom's home, which she has not been able to maintain properly. After working on her home, I went home and realized the neglect that has been going at my own home too.

I am not done with the housework, but am making slow progress.

About counting money, that's something that I still keep on doing. I may not have as much as some rich cats here, but I count my money very carefully every day. And I still sell covered calls and puts. Made $40K so far this year from collecting option premium, so no reason to stop. :)

About the long trip to Europe, that is still 3 months away. When that happens, I hope to have some interesting photos or stories to share.

Reactions: W2R
Ah, I too thought NW was on vacation. "Enjoy" your cleanup/organization time.

I'm currently cleaning out my house now that I am a widower. Wow! What a huge collection of stuff two people can assemble over decades. I think I have *most* of DW's stuff given away, but the closets hold surprises:confused:. And my stuff is going right along with it!

We're shoveling out for a cross-country move later this month.
"My next move is going to start with a can of gas and a match."

I cleaned up my electronic hobby room (more like 3 rooms full) and now every few months I find myself needing some widget or gizmo that I tossed. Never clean!

Well, I have not tossed out much. The reason it takes me so long is that I sort things out and classify them. Small ICs and components go into bin organizers, and bigger stuff go into Sterilite 6-quart shoe box containers. And they have to be labeled so that I can find them later. A lot of head scratching goes into to how to classify and group each individual gizmo.

And about counting money, I just made a detailed accounting of my trades, to see that I have made $47,683 from option premium in Jan-Feb. That's about the average running rate for me the last 4 years.

With money like that, I can afford to throw everything out and buy new if I need something. But my frugal nature does not allow me to throw away these new unused miscellaneous electronic components. And of course it takes time to get them through the mail too. I am looking to get back to building some "stuff" as a hobby, and need to have an assortment of electronic components handy.

Good to see you are alive and kicking NW!

I actually did some of that decluttering thing this week also. I had a 25-gal barrel I burned a lot of paper which needed to be done.

I also got rid of some things in drawers that we didn't need any more also.

The sorting out of the stuff that I accumulated over the years plus saved from my failed business takes a lot of time, and I really meant to finish the job this time. Part of the motivation comes from having to work with my siblings to clean up our mom's home, which she has not been able to maintain properly. After working on her home, I went home and realized the neglect that has been going at my own home too.

Good project, IMO it's important not to leave a mess for those who would mourn you, it only makes their life more complicated at a difficult time in their lives. We've been organizing and paring down a bit in the last 5-10 years.

Well, I have not tossed out much. The reason it takes me so long is that I sort things out and classify them. Small ICs and components go into bin organizers, and bigger stuff go into Sterilite 6-quart shoe box containers. And they have to be labeled so that I can find them later. A lot of head scratching goes into to how to classify and group each individual gizmo.

With money like that, I can afford to throw everything out and buy new if I need something. But my frugal nature does not allow me to throw away these new unused miscellaneous electronic components.

Have you thought about donating it, maybe find a Maker Faire nearby? Or ask at a local high school if they have a robotics club? One of the things I've done now that I feel like we are financially secure is to get rid of the hoarded things and order as needed, as you said, and while it does rankle a bit to know I could have avoided paying for something, it also makes my life a lot simpler not having to dig through piles and maintain and organize all those supplies (mostly AV and computer parts and cables).

And about counting money, I just made a detailed accounting of my trades, to see that I have made $47,683 from option premium in Jan-Feb. That's about the average running rate for me the last 4 years.

With money like that, I can afford to throw everything out and buy new if I need something. But my frugal nature does not allow me to throw away these new unused miscellaneous electronic components. And of course it takes time to get them through the mail too. I am looking to get back to building some "stuff" as a hobby, and need to have an assortment of electronic components handy.

Huh... I thought all the RadioShack's closed and here there is one in your spare bedroom... :angel:
(I just went surfing and found RadioShack and it's successors filed for bankruptcy in 2015, 2017, and the last entry says that yesterday 3/2/2023 the current parent company "announced that it was mulling a possible bankruptcy filing.")

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom