oh-re-oles OH Rioles maching society

Ready-4-ER-at-14

Full time employment: Posting here.
If you recall the movie the Wizard of Oz there were a number of marching guards who protected the Wicked Witch of the West. The lyrics sort of went oh-re-oles.. Maybe a praise to certain cookie?

Once in college, myself and some friends were a little wasted (alcohol interfering with sobriety) and we lived in a towers type mini sky scraper made of ugly ugly concrete. We decided to march around the buiding singing that marching song in cadence to the lyrics at least until we quit laughing..or fell down.

Historical trivia.. Those guards were called Winkies.
challenging question.. were there also Blinkies, and Noddings? (not a real ? )

Anyhow one needs to move at least 3000 steps a day to stay healthy, I state it so it must be true.. So for today, this month, and this year, and this lifetime only we are having open membership to become an honorary Winkie guard.. even if you are just guarding a twinkie.
(insert moan here)

I just did 1000 step installment at 6 am.. Low stepping for now will lift those knees higher in future as I limber up. Alcohol is Not necessary, but not preclude membership. : )

Join now!

I have been walking around my house for 30 minutes while playing trivia online .I figure any movement has got to help.

I have been told by a film major, who loved this movie, that they were actually saying "Oh we loathe - the Old One". Food for thought, or maybe she was just messing with me.

On the main topic, DW and I like to walk outside for about 40 minutes as soon as we get up each day. This helps us get towards the 10k steps per day that trackers recommend.

-gauss

I don't know, but let's try listening to Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" while watching the film and see if we can figure this out.

I got in my 4000 steps yesterday, but I found counting became hard. 58, 49,51,51..er I lost count..

I couldn't find my never used fitbit clone so decided to automate this.. first using the Linux free down load site I got a simple metronome program and also got a simple stopwatch program. Setting the metronome at 100 beats a minute I only need to let the timer run for 10 minutes to get 1000 steps at a time. Turns out that is a nice waltz tempo so I was gliding across the floor.. My spouse seemed to be doing a cha cha.

We have been dancing at home as well. Seems now I just need to make a playist of 100 beats a minute music that lasts 10 minutes. A couple weeks ago I danced and exercised for hours but taking it slow after my rock imitation for a couple weeks..

Well it may get interesting, I walk 5 miles a day, but the governor has put in a stay in place order. I expect I will still do my walk, I walk mostly the side streets and don't see many people, so I will continue until I'm told different.
I use program called mapmywalk on my phone, it gives me mileage, just got a Fitbit and today was the first day I wore it on my walk. it said my walk was 12,000 steps, I don't know if that is even in the ballpark, I'll have do a couple tests.

In my city/county, we are still allowed outside and even in public parks as long as folks maintain 6 foot minimum distances and do not touch the park equipment (no playground/restroom/benches or exercise stations).

My neighborhood has a lovely trail around a bayou that has lots of wildflowers and a cute little bridge and lots of wildlife. There were many people on it every time I've been out. Most folks seem to be doing their best to maintain their family groupings without crowding each other, and the ones that are not (using equipment, etc) are a very small minority.

Back
Top Bottom