Oil price decline

Sams Club double cheese pizza: $6.50

Giant bag of sliced pepperoni (I'm guessing at least 2lbs): 4.50

Enough for at least 5 pizzas.

Or you can simmer it with tomato sauce and serve it up on a roll.

You are right. I bought some pizza dough mix (cheap), some mixed Italian Cheeses (shredded) and some pepperoni and made a pizza. Mixed the dough, spread some spaghetti sauce on it (worked well), pepperoni and the cheese. It took about 20 minutes to prep (not including cook time). It was quite tasty... better that the frozen pizzas.

I did not pay attention to the overall cost, but I suspect it was about 1/3 the cost of frozen pizza.

And wrapping it back up to the original topic, you can get a lot of oil out of pepperoni!

I like cooking the pizza and the pep separately, just put the pepperoni on a sheet pan in the oven. Then you can blot 90% of the oil off and it wont make your pizza gooey.

I wonder if a biodiesel car will run on pepperoni oil..?

And wrapping it back up to the original topic, you can get a lot of oil out of pepperoni!

I like cooking the pizza and the pep separately, just put the pepperoni on a sheet pan in the oven. Then you can blot 90% of the oil off and it wont make your pizza gooey.

I wonder if a biodiesel car will run on pepperoni oil..?

I save my bacon grease and make homemade soap out of it.

Come on Ziggy, turn the tide again, but this time use your mojo on the stock crash!

Leave for work Wednesday: $3.29 a gallon. Come home: $3.19. Leave for work Thursday: $3.09. Come home: $2.99. Leave for work Friday: $2.69

Forget dropping like a rock... a rock won't drop faster once it reaches terminal velocity.

I was going to throw that out there, but I didnt want to make Zig feel even more depressed.

Now wasnt there someone around here who said oil would be under $80 a barrel pretty soon? ;)

Unfortunately gas prices arent moving that fast around here. 3.41 for regular and 3.61 for premium.

Oh come now. They're quite quiet most of the time when we arent experiencing a market downturn.

I'm not. :)

No, but I do find it to be a highly redeeming feature that demonstrates a strong character and good values.

I heard Donald Trump say just the other day that oil prices will drop like a rock, in the $20 range. Boone Pickens just yesterday said OPEC will cut supply enough to hold oil close to $100. But who knows? Pickens has been wrong before. The below from bloggingstocks.com
The producing countries are desperate for dollars. A <$50 price will just about put Iran and Venezuela under. They are propping up their power base with easy petro dollars. They can't stop pumping.

Only the Saudis have the reserves (in dollars and crude) to cut back. How much do they want to help out Iran? I don't think they want to prop them up by eating the reduction all by themselves. They actually have a vested interest in letting them implode.

I'd just as see Boone Pickens eat sh*t and d*e.

Hey. It's 3 pm in NY. That's when the big drops have started. The S&P is only down 53. How low will she go? :rolleyes:

Cheap oil: the stock selloff's silver lining - Oct. 10, 2008

In a new report Friday, Deutsche Bank uses a number of interesting yard sticks to suggest crude is currently way too expensive and may fall to the $60 a barrel range as the economy worsens.

Beutel sees a 2009 low of around $50 or $60 a barrel, then even lower prices in 2010.

"I'm not going to rule out some extraordinarily low numbers, even $20 a barrel," he said, acknowledging that five months ago many respectable analysts though we'd never go below $100. "Whatever the market does, it's going to make us all look like fools."

The guy Jeff on SSI that I mentioned on another thread said that the economy has been bad for a long time, but nothing ever gets done until the rich feel it. Now the rich are feeling it. He is happy that gas prices are going down.

Interesting POV.

Bought gas today: $2.799/gal (that's with the Kroger card .15/gal discount).

Wow, those are really low gas prices! It's been dropping rapidly here too but it's still above $3 (3.04 at last look this evening) and we're usually at or close to the cheapest region for gas (MO). I guess it's moving so quickly that lots of things are out of whack.

If we have a permanent recession, I suppose so- but isn't a long resession what Bernanke has spent his life learning how to avoid? And at $75, there are many profitable oil and gas and service investments.

Ha

Maybe he shouldn't have spent so much time studying economic policies that failed and a bit more time studying policies that were successful?

I have confidence that Bernanke will do everything in his power to ruin the economy but will get a pass because of his good intentions. How long until the interest rate is cut to less than one percent?

Bernanke has been wrong 100 weeks in a row. @ 3:50

Leave for work Wednesday: $3.29 a gallon. Come home: $3.19. Leave for work Thursday: $3.09. Come home: $2.99. Leave for work Friday: $2.69

Forget dropping like a rock... a rock won't drop faster once it reaches terminal velocity.

That can't all be for the same gas station. You're saying the price fell 4 times in 48hrs? I thought they could only change the price once in a 24 hour period. Maybe that's only Wisconsin but I thought it was a national law.

That can't all be for the same gas station. You're saying the price fell 4 times in 48hrs? I thought they could only change the price once in a 24 hour period. Maybe that's only Wisconsin but I thought it was a national law.

I witnessed the same thing here in small town MO on Thurs/Fri. It fell from 3.24 early Thurs afternoon to 3.19 at about 5 pm, and then down to 3.14 two hrs later. On Fri at 5 pm is was 3.10 and then 3.04 later that night at 10 pm. I don't know if it fell again today!

Maybe he shouldn't have spent so much time studying economic policies that failed and a bit more time studying policies that were successful?

I have confidence that Bernanke will do everything in his power to ruin the economy but will get a pass because of his good intentions. How long until the interest rate is cut to less than one percent?

Bernanke has been wrong 100 weeks in a row. @ 3:50

Well old Jimmy Rodgers wasn't very cheerful. He says we are better off just letting everything collapse and have a global depression. Then we can have a bottom and start from there. A little early for my medication. :-\

Another interesting thing which I can't really interpret is that the stand alone refiners are getting killed in the market. If they are making a lot on money, it seems that the market can't see it yet.

Ha

Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

I tried to put the chart in my reply but could not get it to work. Gas and oil historically chart along right next to each other. In August of 07, due to various shenanigans, oil took off and gasoline did not. There was never any sound reason for oil to be over $100 per barrel. The crack spreads have been in the toilet ever since. Hence the low stock prices on stand alone refiners. The gas prices will fall slower than oil because it went up slower and never caught up. Most refinery stocks are at about 1/3 to 1/2 price from 2007. Shenanigans put them there and hysteria is keeping them there. They are cheaper than they have been in a very long time. They are a screaming buy right now. People are not going to quit driving and no new refineries are being built.
2fer

Last edited:
inventories came out today and oil is dipping below $70

Back
Top Bottom