OK, job advice requested

Congrats. So, then what at Company A? Weekends, evenings still a GO?

-CC

Congratulations!!!!! Now you will actually earn money! Earning money greatly adds to job satisfaction... What happens now with your stock in Corp A?

Thanks all.

CCdaCE, I talked about it with my boss at company A. He's going to let me get settled at company B, and then we'll see what works best.

Meadbh, I still will own the stock and associated warrants in A. Those securities will either be worthless (if the company fails), or will be purchased from me (and the other ~150 shareholders) if the company grows and votes to sell itself a few years down the road. In the meantime, they are completely illiquid because A is not a market-traded company.

2Cor521

Congratulations and good luck in your new job. If the part time gig works out also it certainly is a path to FIRE sooner. DW and I worked two jobs each for the first twelve years of our marriage and then five more years before we FIRED.

Congratulations on working it out. Well done.

Company B is inevitably going to present some new challenges, but don't be discouraged. You are almost certainly much farther ahead than if you continued to struggle on at company A.

Most companys when I was interviewing gave interviews shortly after working hours. I definitely would not lie to your current employer (and I use that term loosely). You could give them a day's worth of their stock (script) back and tell them your are taking a day off without pay. I'd give them a week's worth of stock back myself and look for a job full time.

Nice job on the 30% raise. I hate to say it, but work is about money. Otherwise, it would be called volunteering. I took my current job under the false assumption that a smaller group would be more focused on the mission and that there would be less BS and politics in addition to being a great learning experience. The learning has not been bad because you do get exposed to more in a smaller place, but the politics and bad behavior is on par with every other place, and it's those times when your dealing with BS that you wish you had taken the better paying job.

Back
Top Bottom