OK. So I broke down and bought a house in Florida?

Address and/or driving directions?

Thai House
1031 N 3rd St
Marquette, MI 49855
(906) 225-5945
Thai House Restaurant

It was reasonably decent as a poor college student. Your mileage may vary.

Sort of directions here:

from: Unknown road @46.643190, -87.542680 to: 1031 N 3rd St, Marquette, MI - Google Maps

Note, it's 11 miles... 10 minutes is an exaggeration as I'm sure only the locals would think of going 60 on the fire roads between the property and the main road into town.

Wiccan vegitarian transvestite bar?

Find a need and then fill it!

While I like to think of my home town as fairly cosmopolitan for its size and location, I would wager that two, possibly three, things in that list would get you railroaded out of town... and, I'll give you a hint, the bar part isn't one of them.

On the other hand, a modest house in the nice section of town can be had for less than $150k.

It's all about trade-offs in life. I'm sure many people would gladly pay $2mm to be next to their favorite Wiccan bar.

Lovely house. Enjoy it. If you're going to be there for years, there's no reason to even think about its resale value now.
In fact, since it's not really an investment vehicle, there's no reason for you to think about its resale value later.
Just be happy you have the resources to buy it, and enjoy it.
I'm trying to follow my own advice, by the way, and it's hard. Too much time on this forum.

This is my next door neighbor. I think they are smoking. I paid ~25% less than they are asking, and I have an additional 500sqft. They tell me they are not needing to sell, so I said why list it? They said some Northerner will buy it...eventually, they always do. Apparantly they sold the last 2 homes they had this way.

http://chuckdenton.com/Listings/ListingDetail.ASPX?LID=25710875

SWR

Very nice house, but it's not for me -- too big, too fancy/elegant, and too expensive.

congrats on purchase. not all that familiar with the market there but records show your neighbor now trying for $815k bought during bubble summer 2005 for $684k, up from $465k in 2001. prop appraiser shows current market value at $588,432.

yours sold last for either $530k in 2003 or $83k in 2000 (my guess is that was before the house was built) in which case pa shows current market value at $682,762 but i suspect official pa values for tax purposes will be slow to come down to reality.

dq news shows that medium price in your zip code dropped 17.8% on its last survey of 3rd quarter 2007 year over year. average price per sq ft $208.

welcome to florida. good time to buy. bad time to sell. don't forget to file for homestead before (i think it is) march.

congrats on purchase. not all that familiar with the market there but records show your neighbor now trying for $815k bought during bubble summer 2005 for $684k, up from $465k in 2001. prop appraiser shows current market value at $588,432.

yours sold last for either $530k in 2003 or $83k in 2000 (my guess is that was before the house was built) in which case pa shows current market value at $682,762 but i suspect official pa values for tax purposes will be slow to come down to reality.

dq news shows that medium price in your zip code dropped 17.8% on its last survey of 3rd quarter 2007 year over year. average price per sq ft $208.

welcome to florida. good time to buy. bad time to sell. don't forget to file for homestead before (i think it is) march.

Yes, I got all the specs, long before I purchased. Absolutely a must IMHO before buying any home. I even went further and found the outstanding loans and leins.

The last owner purchased it in 2003 for $530k previous numbers were for land as it was built in 2002. The $682k value and nextdoor's $588k is a little skewed as one is homesteaded the mine was not, so it is the county's discretion.

I have already (Applied for and been accepted) homesteaded for this year, and you are correct it is March.

PS. Been in Florida for 3 years now, but actually have been paying taxes here since 2002 (Spent 3 years sailing).

Still RE is a bit of a gamble nowadays.

SWR

Back
Top Bottom