OMY passed, Ready to retire!!!

Good for you. How are your investments holding up, in this down market? Will the new balances force an uptick in your WR?

And yes you did sound a bit snarky.

Please accept my apology. I was hoping to get a lot of highly optimistic responses when I started the thread and what I got was honest opinions and a list of recommendations to keep me from failing. And I wrote a quick response.

Then I read them again after a couple of days, took them to heart, did a little homework, and tightened up my plan.

To be honest, I started retirement because I was not willing to work in locations that I felt were risky due to crowded conditions. And I was READY!!

My investments are down ~9% from Feb high. Once the market fully recovers I will be made whole.

WR will be ~9% for 3 years, then ~4% for 5 years until DW starts SS when it falls to ~ 0. My stock AA is now around 35%. I have plenty of cash to cover things.

9% is high but it is only for a couple of years.

I think that we will be just fine.

I think you are fine. I ran your OP numbers through FIRECalc and it was 100%. You sould exclude your mortgage payments from your spending and include them on the Other Income/Spending tab with two entries... one entry for your annual mortgage payments starting in 2020 and not inflation adjusted and an offset for when your mortgage ends of a pension for your annual mortgage payments starting in 2049 when your mortgage ends. If you include your mortgage payments in spending then FIRECalc is included them as spending forever and inflation adjust them.

I think you are fine. I ran your OP numbers through FIRECalc and it was 100%. You sould exclude your mortgage payments from your spending and include them on the Other Income/Spending tab with two entries... one entry for your annual mortgage payments starting in 2020 and not inflation adjusted and an offset for when your mortgage ends of a pension for your annual mortgage payments starting in 2049 when your mortgage ends. If you include your mortgage payments in spending then FIRECalc is included them as spending forever and inflation adjust them.

Thanks.

BTW I LOVE being retired!!!

Back
Top Bottom