"On the Rocks"

RobbieB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I saw these at the groster in the bar supplies section and just had to get a pair. Real rocks to keep your drink cool w/o dilution;

30377064510_a99852423c.jpg

Made of (they say) non porous soapstone, just rinse and freeze for 4 hours. Haven't tried them yet, but martini's are coming up tomorrow with Kelly. I'll let you know -
smile.gif

I've had drinks with these. Didn't like--although someone less uncouth could probably avoid the constant hitting up against your teeth. :)

How big are those rocks? Any concerns about actual rocks damaging the martini glass?

They are an inch and three eighths and pretty heavy, a little over 4 ounces.

They had smaller ones, but I thought these would be easier to avoid teeth breakage by holding down with a finger when the booze went below the top of the rock.

Yeah I will place these into the glass before pouring in the drink. Thinking martinis and manhattans where it would be nice to keep the cocktail cool w/o dilution.

Rocks? It should be something denser like gold nuggets for this crowd.

I have used the cube rocks and balls of steel.

I presently use the round ice cubes or the big square cubes made in the red silicone molds. These molds were Christmas gifts from Maker's Mark because.... drum roll.... I'm an Ambassador. I get annual gifts, a discount at the distillery, and I currently have my name on a barrel in their storage facility. Whenever my whisky is ready, I have the option to acquire some. They have my cell number.....

I presently use the [-]round ice cubes or the[/-] big square cubes made in the red silicone molds.
+1. I like mine a lot, minimal dilution. The round ones are even cooler, but way more effort, so I just bought the big squares.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.JPG
    IMG_1026.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
I use these. I like a little ice in my drinks. If I don't want the ice, I drink it straight.

1c33_laughing_buddha_ice_mold_bev.jpg

I tried the rocks. Didn't like them. Too clunky.

Our "go to" at home has been the round molds. But harley's laughing Buddha will be joining them soon!

Back
Top Bottom