One thread loads slow? (Solar, Wind RE)

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not a big problem, but I'm curious. This one thread:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/solar-wind-renewable-energy-92910.html

appears to load pretty fast, but the little progress icon on my the tab spins for about a minute. Every time I load that page (or just refresh it). It's not that large, I don't see any large graphics.Clearing cache has no effect. I wonder if others see this?

Chromium browser.

-ERD50

Not a big problem, but I'm curious. This one thread:

https://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/solar-wind-renewable-energy-92910.html

appears to load pretty fast, but the little progress icon on my the tab spins for about a minute. Every time I load that page (or just refresh it). It's not that large, I don't see any large graphics.Clearing cache has no effect. I wonder if others see this?

Chromium browser.

-ERD50

I don't see that, and I use Chrome browser on both MacBook and iPad. But I have solar panels on the house so maybe that is the difference for that thread.

I'm seeing no problems with loading that thread. In my experience, the slowest loading threads are the long ones with many YouTube videos.

The thread loads like every other for me.

Loads blazingly fast.

I had a career of chasing perceptions about slowness in applications. Too many variables for me to write down for fun.

At 100 posts per page, page 3 of that thread loads somewhat slowly. It has multiple YouTube videos and some large images. Pages 1, 2 and 4 are fine.

No similar experience when loading that thread, using Microsoft Edge.

At 100 posts per page, page 3 of that thread loads somewhat slowly. It has multiple YouTube videos and some large images. Pages 1, 2 and 4 are fine.

Ahhh, I should have mentioned, I have my settings for 100 post/page, and for last shows first. And the other pages do not spin as long, pretty normal times I think (just a second or maybe 2).

Might have something to do with it. Ad-blocker on/off no difference.

Odd because it appears to load just fine, I only notice that the icon just keeps spinning. Really just a curiosity, since it appears fine, I just wonder what all the spinning is about on just this one thread that doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

I do have a couple small solar panels I bought for a garden fountain, but it's raining and dark and dreary here today, probably not enough power even for my laptop. I'll have to test that theory later. :)

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom