Online Travel Sites

brett,

I just checked Costco for a car rental in Kona, where there are no off-airport options. What a deal! No $10-13 a day extra driver charge with Avis, at least. AAA has the same agreement with Hertz, but the rates are higher.

Last time we rented a car in Toronto the off airport price for a three week rental was just about half of the airport rental charge.

Same for our three week rental in Orlando. We took a cab to town, stayed overnight, and then picked up the car downtown (Avis). About half the price.

Both were Costco rentals. I typically price out auto club, a large corporate discount that I am entitled to use, and Costco. The only time the corporate discount was less was for a one day rental in Miami between Christmas and New Years. Holiday demand pushed up the rental rates but the corporate discount price was based on a straight per diem charge any day of the week.

Many of the online sites are the same.

Go for the ones with the best price but a lot of times if you contact the hotel or airline directly, they will price match.

Another thing I like to do is look at the pictures which have been taken by visitors instead of the professionally photoshopped management pictures.

NEVER trust the images that are on the website, you could be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment when you arrive.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom