Open enrollment for Medicare

I'm nine years aware from Medicare eligibility but I've been frustrated by Medicare issues for several years with older siblings and friends who have seemingly ongoing issues with coverage/plans/networks/doctors/billing/etc. related to Medicare.

I've learned several things about Medicare by reading this thread. I'm sure coverage will change in the nine years before I'm required to sign-up for Medicare but it's never too soon to obtain a better understanding of the system.

Oh jeez! Just when I thought I understood which plan I wanted!
Plan G is the same except you are responsible for the initial deductible of $147 or something like that?

Plan G is the same except you are responsible for the initial deductible of $147 or something like that?

Oops! Plan G is the one I like. I'm so confused I accidentally thought plan F was plan G or something like that. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Yes, plan G - with the deductible makes sense for me - at least I think it does. In nine years I'll see what's available.

What I really wish is that I could keep the insurance that I have now. I see no reason to change except that I'll be forced to leave my individual policy behind and choose a Medicare policy. Oh well, such is life.

Oops! Plan G is the one I like. I'm so confused I accidentally thought plan F was plan G or something like that. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Yes, plan G - with the deductible makes sense for me - at least I think it does. In nine years I'll see what's available.

What I really wish is that I could keep the insurance that I have now. I see no reason to change except that I'll be forced to leave my individual policy behind and choose a Medicare policy. Oh well, such is life.

Not that by 10 years with the doc-fix change f&g will be the same since medigap will no longer be allowed to pay the part B deductible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom