Optional Medical procedures...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
On my last visit my doctor reminded me that it has been more than 5 years since my last colonoscopy. Then the place that performed it last time sent me a reminder. As much as I’d like to forget it I can’t - Ive have and had couple people in my life that had colon cancer.

I’ve had a few procedures over the years and my attitude is: it is out of my hands. A couple knees, neck fusion and an (appendicitis) so I’m not generally not a particularly nervous person about doctors/hospitals. After all those procedure alleviated my pain. My doc said it’s simple cut out any polyps before they become the big C.

So I sit here with the prep work complete waiting for my 10:45 appointment. Yeah my stomach is still grumbling. I suspect normally I would be a little anxious to get it over with but this time of covid has me second questing my decision. Oh I’m going, but I’d be lying if I didn’t admit to some mixed emotions. Did I mention we are expecting a big snow event?

Point of order when the dentist checked my temperature with an electronic reader I made the hygienist check hers.

Last edited:
I feel your pain because I will be in the same boat in January. I had a diverticulitis attack last week. I am on antibiotics now (and fortunately did not need to be admitted for IV antibiotics), but the next course of action will be a colonoscopy once I am fully healed. It has been 10 years since my last one, so I am due (10 years was the recommendation at the time).

I guess after 4 hours in the ER, 2-3 for the colonoscopy is less of a risk for exposure, but it is still there.

Good luck today.

If it makes you feel any better, several members have reported (successful, safe) colonoscopies in the past several months, or completed other medical procedures without incident.

I actually had mine right at the start (3/17) when every day new things were shutting down, no one could get tested really, and precautions were being guessed at. They gave us masks to enter the building, but then a call came in while I was waiting that nah, we didn't need them... (went fine)

If it makes you feel any better, several members have reported (successful, safe) colonoscopies in the past several months, or completed other medical procedures without incident.

Thanks A

Back
Top Bottom