OptionsHouse? TradeKing? InteractiveBrokers? TCAmeritrade?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anyone use any of these brokerages above and care to share your opinion about it?
I am seeking a second brokerage to work with, and am probably not the only one of this board doing so. Seemed board-worthy to me as these 4 came heavily recommended by the ratings sites I could find on the internet.

I use TD Ameritrade (was with TD Waterhouse for years prior to them being taken out by Ameritrade) and have been satisfied with the service. They had some growing pains initially but my experience has been positive.

I have used Zecco for the 10 free trades a month (I don't need that many for buy and hold) but I have been disappointed in their "5 day hold" for transferred in funds (ACH) that they seem to pick and choose which ones need to be held for 5 days.

It can leave you out in the cold when you try to make a quick purchase. I am not sure I would recommend them.

Kiplinger's did a review: Best of the Online Brokers - Kiplinger.com

TDAmeritrade is my "second" broker. I use WellsFargo as my primary broker. I have not paid any brokerage fees in 2 years because WF gives me free everything and I don't make trades at TDAmeritrade. I do use TDAM to look at Level II quotes with their "CommandCenter", but that's about it. Another broker to consider is Fidelity.

Back
Top Bottom