Ordered a New Cowboy Hat

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I ordered a new cowboy hat (Gus) on Saturday and checked the tracking of it this morning. That hat has been in 4 cities/towns so far since Saturday. LOL

At one on the locations it really wasn't that far from where the mail goes to be distributed in my state. Then it takes a 90 degree route away from there.

The delivery date is for April 2nd, 2018 (7 more days) so I can see where it might take that long to get here.

I really don't care when it gets here it is just amazing the route it takes to get here when it was very close at one point about 700 miles from me. LOL

I'm not complaining just an observation and interesting to see what other places that hat will travel.

you get a sunbody hat?

I have about 6 of them

I've got you beat. I live in South Central Minnesota. Recently, I purchased an item on eBay, from someone in Central Florida. I won the auction on a Monday & paid immediately. It was shipped the same day. When Friday came along & I still hadn’t received the item, I checked the tracking number.

It was on its way to Honolulu Hawaii. I eventually received the item, but if memory serves, I googled the total miles, & it was something like 12,000, versus about 1400 if you actually drove.

You'd be surprised how often things like this happen. It's no wonder the US Postal Service hemorrhages billions of dollars every year.

I ordered a $10 auto part from an online vendor and the part left his warehouse that is 50 miles from me (southeast Texas).

Tracking indicated the package went to Chicago, then to my post office, back to the original location, then to Chicago again, then back to my post offices and then to a few more locations until I finally got the package about two weeks later. Unbelievable! :D

On another note, every three months like clockwork I get a package with another person's prescriptions (addressed to them at their street address) . They live a few miles away. I just call them and deliver the pills.

I just wear ball caps from Dollar General all the time--$3.50.

In a place where every head has an Alabama or Auburn hat, I am without insignias.

I woke up the other morning and realized I was still wearing my hat. Sure beats those monkey suits and ties we were required to wear in work in the 79's.

I think the question on everybody's mind is.....how many gallons? :LOL:

Just got home from the ranch so I checked the tracking. Now it has been to 7 different locations but has been in only 6 different states.

Wow those are some interesting story's from the USPS. I'm sure there is a rhyme and reason for there the madness of miles these packages travel but really doesn't make sense. Now where the hat is at is about as far away as where I ordered the hat from.

Yes a Stetson and is an eight inch deep cup.

Last edited:
I ordered a $10 auto part from an online vendor and the part left his warehouse that is 50 miles from me (southeast Texas).

Tracking indicated the package went to Chicago, then to my post office, back to the original location, then to Chicago again, then back to my post offices and then to a few more locations until I finally got the package about two weeks later. Unbelievable! :D

On another note, every three months like clockwork I get a package with another person's prescriptions (addressed to them at their street address) . They live a few miles away. I just call them and deliver the pills.
I was getting a lady's business packages at my home. After a while I checked into why they were being delivered and explained what she needed to do to fix her mailing address. I haven't seen any lately.

I was getting a lady's business packages at my home. After a while I checked into why they were being delivered and explained what she needed to do to fix her mailing address. I haven't seen any lately.

Her mailing address is on the mis-delivered packages. I suspect there is a problem with the bar code and I mentioned that to the lady and asked her to call the pill supplier to check it out. I'll see what happens in another three months.

Wow those are some interesting story's from the USPS. I'm sure there is a rhyme and reason for there the madness of miles these packages travel but really doesn't make sense.

Maybe it's some form of self-created job security for the postal workers.:LOL:

Maybe the hat is currently being worn by a cowboy on a winding cattle drive that ends in your location. :)

Maybe the hat is currently being worn by a cowboy on a winding cattle drive that ends in your location. :)

LOL! I should of got a used product price for that hat with all the miles it will have on it. LOL

I just wear ball caps from Dollar General all the time--$3.50.

In a place where every head has an Alabama or Auburn hat, I am without insignias.

Sounds like the green and gold obsession up here in Wisconsin.

You can also get a "cheesehead" cowboy hat.

I ordered an item last week. It originated in my home town. Easy, right? But no. Despite being at a facility within 1/2 mile of my house, it first traveled 200 miles from here, and then traveled back. Got it about 5 days after ordering. I could have walked to pick it up!

Bumper Sticker I once saw on the back of a rather dirty, well used pickup truck:

I'm not a cowboy. I found the hat.

Interesting story's just makes me laugh. I just checked the tracking and yesterday has no data so I have no idea where it is at.

Chuckanut >>> LOL that is a good one. Cowboy hat and NO cows. Right! LOL

I hope your hat makes it in. Nothing like the feel of a Stetson. The very best hat out there!!

I ordered a pair of Ostrich skin cowboy boots (Chocolate brown) and they came in last night. Of course new so who knows how they will hold up but so far, comfortable and love the look the Ostrich Skin gives a pair of boots.

I needed a good hat for w*rk a long time ago while in a northern city. I went to a big department store and bought one I really liked, and much to my surprise it was a Stetson. I still wear it today, over 40 years later. That says quite a lot for Stetson quality.

+1 I've had my Stetson for 25 years. It's been through a lot but I just clean it, reshape it and put it back on. They really are top notch hats!

Stetson makes a good hat for sure. I wear one all summer working at the ranch, fishing and when doing a part time gig doing odds and ends for a Ag company darning the summer.

Back
Top Bottom