Perpetual Motion Machine?

Masquernom

Full time employment: Posting here.
Last edited:
It's a scam. My favorite bit of technical sounding gibberish:

AISEG works on fundamental electromagnetic principles and the Inverse Square Law. Leveraging the principle of circular winding to create stable magnetic fields, the application of AI logic signals helps generate constant output frequency.

It looks like someone asked ChatGPT to produce a description of a miracle product using as many buzzwords and as little actual data as possible.

I'd say they succeeded in that.

While this is most definitely a fraud, I do not see why people totally discount some form of perpetual motion machine when it is generally accepted now in the scientific community that the universe essentially popped into being out of nothing.

That smacks of perpetual motion to me.

For a scam, they made some really nice web sites! :)

Since they are supposed to have revealed the invention in 2019, and it's a miracle machine, you'd think it would have made the news before now. Not sure what the purpose of the scam is. Maybe to try and get investment money? I guess you can fool people with that much money sometimes.

Last edited:
Certainly not patented in the USA, where they will not issue patents for perpetual motion machines without a working model.

It's probably a better use of your time than sitting around reading market predictions.

What a bunch of skeptics here!
(and that's a good thing!)

Attachments

• perpetual.gif
    perpetual.gif
    29.2 KB · Views: 298
...I do not see why people totally discount some form of perpetual motion machine when it is generally accepted now in the scientific community that the universe essentially popped into being out of nothing...

I don't think there's consensus on what the universe "popped" out of, if anything.

But for perpetual motion in the sense of classical physics, (that is, the world we interact with at our scale) that's pretty firmly impossible.

I don't think that web page actually mentioned perpetual motion. In between all the gobbley-gook was the suggestion that the device was simply "more" efficient. I didn't see it mentioned what it was more efficient than.

Assuming it's some sort of transformer, then, sure, there may be ways to squeeze a little more efficiency out of an existing technology. Get out a little more of what you put in than you would from a less efficient device. In other words, less loss. Not net gain.

While this is most definitely a fraud, I do not see why people totally discount some form of perpetual motion machine when it is generally accepted now in the scientific community that the universe essentially popped into being out of nothing.

That smacks of perpetual motion to me.

Interesting thought. Now this is way, way beyond my knowledge arena, but I think I've read that some theoretical physicists hypothesize that once the Big Bang occurred, that it 'locked in' the set of laws of physics that we have today. And if sometime in the future, our universe collapses, and another sort of Big Bang event occurs, that this new universe may have a completely different set of laws of physics.

I might say that thinking about that makes my brain hurt, but I can't even get that far. I just don't get it.

At any rate, even if we don't discount perpetual motion out of hand, I'd still need to see it demonstrated and repeated, like any other scientific discovery, and that ain't happened yet.

I occasionally follow a forum devoted to physics (I don't understand 99% of it), but they actually don't allow discussion of perpetual motion - it just takes up too much time to dispute all the crazies, so they just ban it altogether. Of course, the PM enthusiasts just see that as a conspiracy theory, and they feed on it.

I just take the PM stuff as entertainment from time to time, until someone demonstrates something under controlled conditions.

There's a goldmine of pun material in there, 'circular', 'if you took all the energy that went into making a PM machine...", and a bunch of others... :)

-ERD50

That description sounds like something Geordi La Forge would babble. Fermion, fluctuations that create universes arise from quantum uncertainty, and such uncertainty is deemed unpredictable. If someone in South Korea found otherwise, they should be claiming their Nobel Prize first.

Our Grandpas brother claimed to have plans or solution to the perpetual motion machine back in the 70's when we were kids. He also claimed to have been to outer space. He was one of those people who believed the aliens or higher beings where coming to take believers
away and went to meet them.
We had to help him move one time and he offered my dad a blanket he said had been in space. My dad politely said " No thanks you should hold on to it, you may may need it again....

Last edited:
I found the docs for this machine:

"The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters."

"The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters."

I fed that into bard and it said...

[FONT=&quot]The passage you provided describes a fictional machine, likely in a humorous or satirical context. While the specific details are deliberately nonsensical and seemingly technical, they don't offer a clear picture of the machine's function or purpose.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here's a breakdown of the key components mentioned:[/FONT]

• Base-plate of prefabulated aluminite: This suggests a foundational structure made from a pre-fabricated aluminum-like material.
  • Malleable logarithmic casing: This implies a flexible outer covering that conforms to the shape of the inner components and expands or contracts based on a logarithmic scale.
  • Two main spurving bearings aligned with the pentametric fan: This suggests two rotating components supported by bearings and aligned with a six-bladed fan.
  • Hydrocoptic marzlevanes: These are likely fictional fan blades with a connection to water or some other fluid.
  • Ambifacient lunar waneshaft: This hints at a rotating shaft connected to the fan blades that operates in both directions and is somehow influenced by the moon.
  • Lotus-o-delta main winding: This refers to the electrical wiring system, likely in a specific configuration, placed within the machine's core.
  • Non-reversible tremie pipe: This suggests a one-way flow mechanism connecting specific components, likely related to the electrical system.
  • Differential girdlespring: This hints at a spring-based system that distributes force or pressure across different parts of the machine.
[FONT=&quot]Overall, the passage uses technical jargon and imagery to create a sense of complexity and intrigue around a fictional machine. While the specific details are meaningless in the real world, they contribute to the humor or satire of the context in which it is used.[/FONT]

Other drafts include:

[FONT=&quot]The passage you provided describes a [/FONT]fictional machine[FONT=&quot], most likely a [/FONT]technobabble[FONT=&quot] invention used for comedic effect. While the individual words might sound technical, they are actually nonsensical, deliberately chosen to be confusing and humorous.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here's a breakdown of the gibberish:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Overall, the passage is a humorous example of [/FONT]technobabble[FONT=&quot], a type of writing that uses technical-sounding jargon to create an illusion of complexity and sophistication, often for comedic effect. It's similar to the "turbo encabulator" described in the classic television show "I Dream of Jeanie."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The text you provided describes a fantastical machine, likely invented for humorous purposes. Though it uses technical-sounding terms, it's important to note that these terms are not real engineering terms and their meanings are nonsensical.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Overall, the description is a playful and humorous take on technical jargon, likely intended to sound impressive and complex but ultimately meaningless. It's best enjoyed as a piece of creative writing, not a description of a real machine.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Nice find.

I clicked on the link and read the write-up. It made me smile and brought back memories of some sales people I worked with. Their ability to double talk using technical jargon was masterful.

I fed that into bard and it said...

Other drafts include:

Holt Cow! That is impressive that these AI things can spot satire and break it down to that level. That's pretty abstract, it's really hard for me to grasp how this is done.

-ERD50

The fanciful Encabulator goes way back, 1940s I think, so AI would have seen that text before, as well as old comments about it being satire.

The fanciful Encabulator goes way back, 1940s I think, so AI would have seen that text before, as well as old comments about it being satire.

Yes, I guess that's how it could tie it all together - it's still impressive!

-ERD50

I think the invention that the OP refers to is called a Thromdibulator. I read a passage in a book that referred to this machine and showed a basic diagram. If I recall correctly the author was Dr Theodor Geisel. ;)

Back
Top Bottom