Perpetual Motion Machine?

I think the invention that the OP refers to is called a Thromdibulator. I read a passage in a book that referred to this machine and showed a basic diagram. If I recall correctly the author was Dr Theodor Geisel. ;)

Well, from someone with a Doctorate, it must be legit! :)

-ERD50

I'm sure this is a fraud. That said scientists have a way of never being wrong but rather reformulating the question. No such thing as a perpetual motion machine but all matter has energy inherently it (E=MC^2) and in fact even empty space has energy.

I don't think there's consensus on what the universe "popped" out of, if anything.
And indeed, the laws of physics as we now observe them are thought to have coalesced as the universe cooled from the highly energetic state of the Big Bang. There is a lot about modern cosmology that I personally have issues with but conservation of energy, which any perpetual motion device would violate, is a pretty solid law that would take extremely extraordinary evidence to violate.

Utter hogwash! It doesn't take an engineering degree to see how ridiculous these claims are! :mad:

I found the docs for this machine:

"The original machine had a base-plate of prefabulated aluminite, surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two main spurving bearings were in a direct line with the pentametric fan. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented. The main winding was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-bovoid slots in the stator, every seventh conductor being connected by a non-reversible tremie pipe to the differential girdlespring on the "up" end of the grammeters."
Link?

I fed it into google and found this: https://people.csail.mit.edu/bradley/turbo-encabulator.html

So is the periodical that this was carried in a respected source otherwise, or is is the "tabloid of tech"?

Back
Top Bottom