Picard Season 3, Anyone?

Spoiler alert--I am confused about the "bad" Borg Queen at the end of Season 3. I thought Agnes Jurati become the "good" Borg Queen at the end of season 2. What happened to her?

Isn't she guarding the gateway to some wormhole or something?

Is there more than one Borg Queen?

Must be.

The SyFy channel's show "The Ark" is overly lit, IMO. Everything is white and bright. The sets don't always look the best. Take a peek and you'll see what I mean. Seems like they've evolved so they can't see much in ambient lighting.

We've been watching the Ark too. I do like the better lighting, though the quality of that show is on the lower end. It's still enjoyable though.

I always liked "Star Trek Next Generation". It was well lit, and somehow seemed more optimistic and positive. The later series have tended to be rather dark, both in mood and lighting.

They are doing a bit better with the lighting in Strange New Worlds.

It seems that these days every movie is darkly lit. I think we discussed it here before. Part of this is the convenience of digital photography. They don't have to worry about lighting as much as film, and tend to equalize it to the low denominator, or something. I'm not a DP, so I don't know the lingo. And apparently, good DPs are hard to find.

You've heard that Kubrick would drive actors crazy with 50 takes. The lesser known way he drove actors crazy was in setting up the lighting for scene. Sometimes he would spend 7 hours setting lighting, then film a 15 second scene. Drove actors nuts.

We've been watching the Ark too. I do like the better lighting, though the quality of that show is on the lower end. It's still enjoyable though.

I always liked "Star Trek Next Generation". It was well lit, and somehow seemed more optimistic and positive. The later series have tended to be rather dark, both in mood and lighting.

I remember the ST Next Generation show where the enterprise was suddenly plunged into a reality where the peace treaty with the Klingons was never done and the Federation was losing the war. They showed that switch with a sudden slight darkening and dimming of the colors. When they restored the timeline to its proper place (alas, bad news for Tasha Yar), the colors were more vibrant and the bridge brighter. Happy times were back.

It was good. It is finished. And I hope they keep it that way.

All the characters got a proper send off with a nice tidy epilogue in the final episode. The non-TNG characters are set up for perhaps something else, so maybe we'll see them again.

But the TNG characters? Done. You can only respawn Data so many times, and Picard's resurrection was hokey, and an unfortunate outcome of the bad season 1. They all need to enjoy their retirement.

As for the Borg? Ah, well, they'll be back. Somebody has some royal jelly saved up somewhere that will respawn a queen. It may take a few years and series, but I doubt we've seen the last of them. Even though they are generally absent in Discovery, I suspect they'll have to bring them back because it is just too good of a story crutch.

It is finished.

Maybe not.

"If a show blows the doors off the place, as we’re certainly hoping it will, and we’re very, very proud of Season 3, who knows?”

So would Patrick Stewart be open to returning for another season as Jean-Luc Picard? “If we can maintain the work that we did on Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of Picard, then absolutely, yes,” Stewart says. “Because there is still enormous potential for narrative in what we’ve been doing, and there are doors left open, still. We didn’t close all of them.”

They did the TNG reunion and it was spectacular, next is Voyager with Captain 7 reconnecting with Janeway, and the greatest villain on the franchise Q reconnecting with Picard and/or son.

No. Please. Go out in style.

The franchise will never end, thankfully, and in large part thanks to the greatness that is Picard S3.

Spoiler alert--I am confused about the "bad" Borg Queen at the end of Season 3. I thought Agnes Jurati become the "good" Borg Queen at the end of season 2. What happened to her? Is there more than one Borg Queen?
Same question I had when watching this episode. It seems that the writers of the last episode forgot about the earlier one. Unless some time travel anomalies are involved?

Same question I had when watching this episode. It seems that the writers of the last episode forgot about the earlier one. Unless some time travel anomalies are involved?

(Spoiler alert if you haven't finished Picard)

The way I interpreted was that Agnes merged with Queen Borg and yes there was some time travel thing going on. But didn't get what happened to Agnes like did she stay in the past? Or did she go to the future and disappear from the present timeline?

Also, Soji (Data's daughter). Wasn't she in the past when she hitched the ride with Wesley doing some time traveling? Only to never be heard from again.

Back
Top Bottom