Planet of the Humans - Michael Moore

gcgang

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE

Above I tried to post link to Michael Moore’s new movie, Planet of the Humans.

As a fellow Flintite, whose father also worked at AC Spark Plug for 40+ years, I’ve watched almost all of his movies.

His point of view in this really surprised me. Main point, Green Energy is just as corrupt and harmful as fossil fuels - we are all gonna die!

So take a break from the Corona Circus, and focus on something else to get depressed about. Lol.

It can't be as bad as Charlton Heston when he found the statute of liberty.....You Maniacs!!

Green energy is PEOPLE!

Wow, what a mind blowing revelation. I will have to dig into this before I believe that the green movement has been co-opted by fossil fuel and big money. On the surface, the film had a whiff of conspiracy theory to it, especially since this is my first time hearing this about sustainable energy. Al Gore and other green movement leaders did not come out of this film smelling like Rose's.

FWIW, Moore is shilling the film. Don’t look at the bottom of this post if you don’t want to know the films answer to climate change.

wiki said:
Planet of the Humans is a 2019 American environmental documentary film that was written, directed and produced by Jeff Gibbs. It was backed and promoted by Michael Moore.
You might as well watch this too (below), so you can see how recycling plastics was a corporate scam all along too. Although it’s possible to do much more, we’ve never recycled more than about 10% of recyclable plastics, and never will. It was all a ruse from the start to keep us consuming plastics while feeling morally superior through wishcycling. We added all the expense and logistics of recycling infrastructure only to have 90% ending up in landfills...

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/plastic-wars/

Moral of Planet of the Humans - Green energy is a scam. Population reduction is inevitable, we reduce population significantly as Mother Nature will if we don’t. That’s the choice.

Last edited:
Another view

https://youtu.be/Zk11vI-7czE

Above I tried to post link to Michael Moore’s new movie, Planet of the Humans.

As a fellow Flintite, whose father also worked at AC Spark Plug for 40+ years, I’ve watched almost all of his movies.

His point of view in this really surprised me. Main point, Green Energy is just as corrupt and harmful as fossil fuels - we are all gonna die!

So take a break from the Corona Circus, and focus on something else to get depressed about. Lol.

Try and find Penn and Tellers BS episode where they made fun of recycling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Great ^

Michael Moore has something to say about everything. I admit, I liked many of his earlier docu/movies. He's a bit off the rails recently.

I'm glad I'm old and I'm glad I don't have kids. Recycling was popular when we shipped most of it to China. Now we have to deal with it. A virus with no brain or emotion has brought the world to its knees. We can't solve our own problems, so a tiny replicating virus in less than 2 months has given us a wake up call.

Last edited:
Fear, Complexity, Environmental Management in the 21st Century

Washington Center for Complexity and Public Policy

Washington DC

November 6, 2005

By Michael Crichton

But most troubling of all, according to the UN report in 2005, is that "the largest public health problem created by the accident" is the "damaging psychological impact [due] to a lack of accurate information…[manifesting] as negative self-assessments of health, belief in a shortened life expectancy, lack of initiative, and dependency on assistance from the state."

In other words, the greatest damage to the people of Chernobyl was caused by bad information. These people weren’t blighted by radiation so much as by terrifying but false information. We ought to ponder, for a minute, exactly what that implies. We demand strict controls on radiation because it is such a health hazard. But Chernobyl suggests that false information can be a health hazard as damaging as radiation. I am not saying radiation is not a threat. I am not saying Chernobyl was not a genuinely serious event.

But thousands of Ukrainians who didn’t die were made invalids out of fear. They were told to be afraid. They were told they were going to die when they weren’t. They were told their children would be deformed when they weren’t. They were told they couldn’t have children when they could. They were authoritatively promised a future of cancer, deformities, pain and decay. It’s no wonder they responded as they did.

In fact, we need to recognize that this kind of human response is well-documented. Authoritatively telling people they are going to die can in itself be fatal.

Full disclosure, I haven’t watched it, but I did see this rebuttal to the documentary:

https://ketanjoshi.co/2020/04/24/planet-of-the-humans-a-reheated-mess-of-lazy-old-myths/

And a short quote:

This documentary – particularly the parts on energy, renewables and industry- is extremely bad. It is Jeff Gibb’s 2010 Huffington Post blog drawn out in one hour and forty minutes, which feels like like a decade. I knew it would be lazy, but the magnitude of laziness here is incredible. It is mostly old. It is obviously re-hashing some specific gripes, like its attacks on the nicest guy in the whole of climate activism, Bill McKibben. I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface and I’m like 2,000 words in. I don’t have the energy to glue together every single fragile thing that this bulldozer has destroyed.

Planet of the Humans - it was a wonderful story and he told it so well....with such enthusiasm. I've often wondered how Micheal Moore made a living - now I know.

I found the Planet of the Humans to be nothing more than a infomercial for the fossil fuel companies. It is clearly an attack on anything GREEN and the message is "We are doomed". For climate deniers or fossil fuel industry supporters it is an Academy Award Winner. Without offering anything as a solution is just goes on and on about how our western version of society is the root of all destruction.

Yep, we have too many people on the planet. Yes, fossil fuels are nasty and there has to be a better solution.

I guess the answer is we are too far gone....so party like it's 1999. :dance:

Peace!!

Michael Moore is a huckster. I would never watch his movies.

But the Penn & Teller recycling clip was money!

Now all they need is to show what happens at the landfill, where all the bins are emptied into same pile.

Or show how much uneconomic recycling is costing consumers and hurting the environment.

We are going to die. Every last one of us. And the sooner we each come to terms with that fact, the happier we will be.

Aw, Great...now you tell me!

We are going to die. Every last one of us. And the sooner we each come to terms with that fact, the happier we will be.

I am outraged! Outraged, I tell you! I must blame somebody!

Michael Moore is a huckster. I would never watch his movies.

But the Penn & Teller recycling clip was money!

Now all they need is to show what happens at the landfill, where all the bins are emptied into same pile.

Or show how much uneconomic recycling is costing consumers and hurting the environment.
The Frontline episode linked in post #4 above does exactly that and more. It’s enlightening, unlike Michael Moore.

Michael Moore is just too sleazy for me. Saw one earlier movie about Flint Michigan. That was enough!

The Planet Money podcast had a great pair of podcasts on recycling, and we learned that at least lately it's been a big farce as China is no longer willing to accept our waste.

The Frontline episode linked in post #4 above does exactly that and more. It’s enlightening, unlike Michael Moore.

I will have to watch it. But I think the real culprit is not oil companies, it is our education systems and political forces which teach people to "demand" curbside recycling, as a good in itself, with no real consideration of underlying economics or negative environmental effects.

I would love to see that change but sadly it seems for now politics is running things, not science.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom