Planning to receive an inheritance

When my parents pass, I'm sure there will be no inheritance for me. My sister, will likely get it all. She is very manipulative and I have no relationship with my mother. That makes me really sad, because WE don't need the money, but my 4 kids could probably use the help for college. We'll do our best to help them, but it will be a major challenge. I really wish, my parents would just plan to leave their money to the grandkids, but I don't have the guts to suggest that idea to them.

Not expecting much in the way of an inheritance, which is okay by me. Won't be large enough to be material to FIRE anyway, and I'd rather my dad enjoy the fruits of his 38 years of factory work...

I really wish, my parents would just plan to leave their money to the grandkids, but I don't have the guts to suggest that idea to them.
What is your downside from having the discussion? __________________

My parents don't talk money. Who knows if they even have any? But I know if I suggested they should leave it to the grandkids, it wouldn't go over well. I already have a strained relationship with my not-so-dear-mom, so I don't think it's worth it.

OK thanks. It just seems odd that you can discuss it here but not there. Why not discuss the difference in relationship between you and your sister? Try to rebuild the relationship before it is too late?

(I know you may think it is a lost cause but you might be surprised?)

Believe me, I've tried to rebuild the relationship. It's very toxic and I don't want to expose my kids to that kind of negativity. But you may have a point, about discussing it with my Dad. I'll take it into consideration. Thanks!

I thought this thread was going to take a turn only to discover that it was a typo...

(Imagine how these discussions will evolve in the future!):LOL:

LOL - yes - that was a typo... Grandpa B married Grandma C.

Not quite as modern as it sounded.

LOL

Back
Top Bottom