Do you crumple/crinkle new bills?

• Yes

Votes: 37 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 70.8%
  • Not quite either, see my comment below

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I got in the habit of collecting a few $100 bills & stashing them in our home vault for when we travel. Been doing it long enough that we've got $15K at last count. Never had any trouble with them sticking together, but it's pretty humid out here. Probably should convert them to traveler's checks so there's some protection if we had a fire. Now that we've been retired for so long, everything goes on Amex, so my cash is "play money." :smitten:

At one time many years ago, back when people used to line up on Fridays to cash their paychecks, I worked as a bank teller. Never had a problem with new bills. Practice makes perfect as they say.
But didn't you have those rubber finger covers, or a moistener sponge?

Never really use much so this was never a concern. Many businesses near me are starting to charge 3% or more to use a credit so i may change and start using a lot more cash.... harder to keep track of expenses, i like just downloading my CC statement once a month.

It's probably his gambling winnings paid to him in cash! :D

LOL... Wife bought 50/50 tickets for a school function.... and won...
Met the coach in a McDonalds parking lot just after dark and he handed us a pile of 20s..... $2600 worth.

LOL... Wife bought 50/50 tickets for a school function.... and won...
Met the coach in a McDonalds parking lot just after dark and he handed us a pile of 20s..... $2600 worth.

With that much money, you could have bought (wait for it) ALMOST a hundred McD meals for the school! Wait. Sorry, this belongs in the infaltion thread.:blush::angel:

Hardly ever use cash but always keep $60-70 in my wallet just in case.

When I get new bills, I slide them apart, stagger them and just squeeze them with my hand, usually enough to keep them from sticking together.

I got in the habit of collecting a few $100 bills & stashing them in our home vault for when we travel. Been doing it long enough that we've got $15K at last count. Never had any trouble with them sticking together, but it's pretty humid out here. Probably should convert them to traveler's checks so there's some protection if we had a fire. Now that we've been retired for so long, everything goes on Amex, so my cash is "play money." :smitten:
Traveler's checks:confused:

Back
Top Bottom