Poll: How long have you been married (current marriage)?

How many years into current marriage (highest applicable)?

• 45+

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • 35+

Votes: 49 17.9%
  • 25+

Votes: 77 28.1%
  • 15+

Votes: 41 15.0%
  • 5+

Votes: 24 8.8%
  • Married, less than 5 years

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Single

Votes: 55 20.1%

• Total voters
Marriage is a thing created by governments. It is tax oppressive and obsolete.

I agree with your sentiment, but I would say government insinuated itself into marriage. At its best, marriage is a declaration of love and faith to each other and your community. I find the process of getting a marriage license from a county clerk in a poorly lit government basement decidedly unromantic and creepy.

But I got married anyway since it made my beloved happy. Three great years and counting.

Congratulations on finding a long term partner who agrees with you on this topic. I have no real regrets but it sounds like you succeeded where I failed, but I still got my girl!

Started the countdown on 10.09.87. A long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 years in April. Met at 15, steadies ar 16, married at 21 after 4 years apart at different colleges. Went to the highschool that the musical and movie "Grease" was modeled after. Having a steady was a big deal and I guess we took it seriously.

Last edited:
I miss the 15+ mark by just over a week.

I didn't get married till I was 38. Had the first kid at 39, and the second at 41. Needless to say - this is later than most folks. But I waited for the *right* guy...

Jan 1st I'll be married 15 years.

I know that's a short amount compared to most folks here....

Rodi is my forum almost twin.

I got married just a couple of months shy of 38. My first child was born 8 days after I turned 40 (and we subsequently adopted two more children).

And, yes, I waited for the "right" guy as well. It will be 23 years in February....

38 years. We have had our ups and downs, but I am glad we are together. I notice quite few votes for 38 years...must have been a good time to get married.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

My parents celebrated 70 years of marriage on Monday!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I have experienced 40+ beautiful years of wedded bliss. And, 40 out of 44+ is not bad.:dance:

Someone was just telling us that he and his now legally wed spouse had been a couple for a total of twenty-five plus years, with eight years off for bad behavior.

Just had our 10-year in Oct... 10/23/04, drop the zeroes and how can I forget? 1234 ;)

As long as you don't give her the anniversary present on Dec 3.

Married 31+ years Before that, almost 7 years of dating (which contained a few breakups and living in different parts of the world for some time periods). It has definitely been worth it -at least for me, since I married way above what I deserve. :)

31 years on 2/4/2015

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Just had our 10-year in Oct... 10/23/04, drop the zeroes and how can I forget? 1234 ;)
My first one was easy to remember too - May 6, 1978 or 5678. Oh well, I chalked it up to tuition.
Our anniversary is pretty easy to memember too, 1/1/80.

So is Dad's BD, 2/2/22.

DH has never forgotten our anniversary. Maybe it helps that it is the same day as his birthday +24 years....

49 years.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Back
Top Bottom